All reviewshotel roomstaff was friendlywithin walking distanceliving roomhot breakfastshort driveoutdoor poolburnerfridgesinkpillowstexas
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed in a queen suite which was more like a kitchenette with a separate bedroom. It was stocked with dishes and utensils and very clean. The bed was very comfortable with nice, soft linens. The internet connection was fast. The breakfast was plentiful, including eggs and potatoes! We booked through our NRA discount and got a great rate. We were able to walk across the parking lot to an Outback restaurant for dinner. Great location! Great value!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed there for four days and was greeted very kindly upon my arrival by Joe. One of the best Stays I've had in a hotel . Definitely had a feeling of "Home Away from Home ". I am a freak when it comes to cleanliness n the bathrooms and the bed sheets. Both were superbly clean and fresh which gave me a peace of mind for the rest of my stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated ,and renovated . The Kitchen is nicely and fully equipped with all the necessary items all in great shape and looked brand new. The Housekeeping is one of the best I have experienced and can't thank them enough for their great work and service. The free hot breakfast is more than I could ask for . It was fresh, delicious with plenty of options and varieties. Free parking was another blessing. The hotel is surrounded by plenty of great restaurants within walking distance and not having a restaurant on site is NOT an issue. Frankly it did feel like you have tons of restaurants on site !!! The rooms are quite and peaceful. Laundromat on site , was great to have !!! All together , for me it was a five star hotel stay . I have been to 4 star hotels and was not this happy . So a BIG THANK YOU to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison staff for such great Job . Will return next year with rest of our sports team . In fact ,Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison will be our annual stay in Addison from now on.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We had a small group and we rented four rooms. The accomodations were excellent and we were very comfortable in our rooms. The breakfast was good and the location was outstanding, right in the middle of Addison with restaurants and the DART walking distance. The Assistant Manager, Joe, was very helpful in all aspects of our stay. The other staff members were polite.

I would highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: We had the standard rooms and they were very spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I was visiting my daughter in Plano, TX and had no idea where I should stay. I read reviews on many places to stay, and for some reason, came across this hotel even though it was only given a 2 1/2 star rating. I have NO IDEA why it only has a 2 1/2 star rating. EVERYTHING about this small quaint hotel is absolutely perfect. From the moment I checked in until check out, I received absoutely everything I needed. The room was a mini-suite with a queen size bed separate from the kitchen/living room area. I could close the door in the morning when I wanted to have my coffee without disturbing my daughter. 2 up to date flat screen TVs with perfect reception, a full size refrigerator, DISHWASHER !!!, desk which doubles as a table, cooktop stove, coffeemaker. What more could a person ask for ?? The continental breakfast in the morning was wonderful. We would go down in our PJs !!! and make waffles, a bagel and yogurt, juice and carry it back to our room to enjoy. Everything was exceptionally clean ... one of my biggest worries when I stay somewhere is if there is a BUG ISSUE. NOT ONE !!! NOT ONE BUG !!! YEAH !!!

I highly recommend this hotel even though it does not have room service or an on site restaurant. Outback Steakhouse is a stones throw away if you want to order and bring it back to your room. Other very nice restaurants are also within walking distance. The staff was super friendly. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating. Kudos to this establishment are endless !!!

Room Tip: We had room #303 ... a bit of a walk from the elevator but only a problem if you have a hard time walking !!! For my daughter and I ... it was perfect !!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
HawthornGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Addison Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear DeniseandLazaro

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham – Addison. Yes we are listed with 2 ½ stars. The reason is simple, we do not have an on-site restaurant nor offer room service. Well, like you mentioned, many of our guests would rather enjoy all the restaurants within a short walk or driving distance. With over 170 in Addison alone, we thought it would be better to pass on a great hotel deal. We offer a full hot buffet breakfast which as you stated you can take up to your spacious suite and enjoy while watching your morning show on our 42” HDTV or you can eat down stairs and visit with the other guests.

Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their rooms ensuring they are as perfect as possible. They were thrilled when I passed on your comments.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham – Addison! We look forward to your next visit.
Regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel is all renovated , updated and the comfort in our room was "beyond" many of the upper hotels we have stayed at. We are members Wyndham and gave us great pleasure staying here. The location is very, very awesome. It offered a variety of resturants, and outdoor - indoor attractions. The room was very clean and "comparable to a classy small apartment". The staff was very courteous & friendly trying to accomadate as well as they could within and beyond staffing ability and realisitic expectations. It has plenty of parking and the nightly rate made it affordable so we could enjoy ourselfs without worrying about going broke. I can't say enough. I would make this my Winter vacation home if possible. We did have the large suite. :) This Hotel has somewhat between a country and relaxed feel so if your looking for upper class fancy and stuffy you should not expect it again, please be realistic. Wonderful place.. Yes, to be honest, the parking lot did have a few characters who may scare off potential night stayers when they pull up.

Room Tip: If you like space please check out the large suite..wonderful is all I can say. You get what you pay for . The smaller room is also very classy but again, you get what you ask for and small rooms are a little stuffy . Please be real in your expectations. We were and appreciated everything they did to make our stay enjoyable beyond small hotel efforts. The cab service can pricey but, " nice ride"! Please be sure to ask what kind of cab service you are getting as the cabs can be limo's down in TX.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple