“I would definitely stay again!”

Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Once I got through the process of checking in (the front desk clerk wasn't that knowledgeable or professional). She left the desk twice while checking me in. Once to let a guest into the fitness room and another time to do something else. Both times neither did she excuse herself or apologize for her interrupting me from getting checked into my room. She wasn't very knowledgeable about "Best Western Rewards" customers and tried to make me pay additional fees. I had to call best western customer service so they could assist me with what she didn't understand who then called her to explain so no other has to go through the same issue.
Anyway, I finally got in my room and I was impressed. From the decor to size of the room I was satisfied. Coincidentally when I looked out the window my car was in the parking spot right in front ...double YAY!
I stayed in #258 which I would say is perfect if you need two rooms but want to save a little cash. It's also perfect if you have kids on the trip with you. There were 2 double beds with a 32 inch TV and a off suite with a king sized bed and a 32 inch TV. There were 2 closets including a walk in which I've never seen in a hotel. The hotel is quiet and in a good safe area and great location. Best Western is making me more and more proud to be a rewards customer with properties such as this one that exceeds expectations and rises above the reputation they've received because of the name.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Positives: Clean, large rooms, great location, safe, great price with a 3 night stay discount, staff friendly and helpful.
Negatives: Some minor air traffic noise from nearby airport, wifi slow at times.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I did not know what to expect this was my first trip to the Dallas area so picking a hotel with this low of a price I did not know what to expect but I was not disappointed it was great the front desk was the area is nice lot of places to eat around the hotel with in walking distance close to the Dallas toll way but enough to not here any traffic and to get anywhere around Dallas is a great spot near beltline dr witch can take u anywhere near galleria mall as well and if ya need a bank all right down the street breakfast was ok waffle machine was cool rooms were nice ac could of been better but was humid when i went I will defiantly go back to this hotel if I ever go to Dallas in the future

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prochaven
Reviewed May 10, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is definitely not your typical Best Western Hotel. I needed to travel to the Addison/North Dallas area for non-business reasons so I wanted to stay fairly cheap. After looking at my normal choices, Holiday Inn Express, Marriott, Hampton, Hilton, etc. and seeing the rates I decided to check some options. Yes with those brands you have a better than average chance of getting a nice room. Well I wanted something under a $100 so I started looking at reviews. This Best Western had more reviews, a higher percentage of good reviews, and more consistent and current reviews(not just reviews from years ago) than almost any other hotel out there in the under $150 range. This place has a track record of exceeding expectations and so I thought well, I will give it a try at $45 per night, why not.

I travel basically for a living so I have stayed in hotels all over the US and in all types of conditions from every brand. Normally I do not stay in a Best Western because they are usually not very good typically. With every brand, high to low star, there are always exceptions in both directions (a Hampton that is a dump or in this case a Best Western that is Great).

If I were to guess I would say that it used to be another hotel at some point because it resembles nicer hotel chains. The building itself though does not look old at all, besides the very minimal typical wear and tear, it looks in good shape. The interior looks very nice, nothing real fancy but clean and crisp, not a 'band-aid over a quick-fix', but like an interior of one of the nicer hotels.

The room was your basic typical size, nice decor and furnishings. The fridge and microwave were nice compliments in addition to the 32 inch flat screen TV. The AC in the room was your normal 'by the window' type but worked just fine (a little hint, if its not cooling the room down enough, set something on top of the AC to hold back the curtains so the air can actually get out into the room, does wonders for temp control).

Being skeptical I did do a thorough look around for bugs, trash, and overall cleanliness. The room passed with flying colors. The hotel interior was clean as well (being two stories I elected to take the stairs which for some reason did have an odd, not bad, but odd smell to the stairwell).

The staff was very prompt and polite. I even tried a few typical traveler type issues with them and they did an excellent job. The staff was down to earth/human with their responses and not a "class-room HR taught" response. My 'room needs towels' issue was quickly corrected and 'my iron won't work' issue was handled quickly and proactively; they brought a new one up and took the original one away to check on their time, not mine.

The beds were ok but hey it's a hotel, its not your sleep number at home. So unless you start really throwing down some money you are not going to get the same type of sleep comfort. This bed was definitely on the much better than most category. Big thick pillows, both soft and firm, to chose from, not your typical tiny and limp/lumpy ones.

The breakfast meal was the one area that if better would make this hotel a true all-around winner. It was your basic cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, and the like but it was good and clean. I have seen much nicer looking spreads from afar but when you get up close, they are dirty/messy/or just gives that yuck vib, or eat it, you quickly learn you should have just gone out for something.

Here are some other tidbits:
- I am not a fan of outside doors and this is not one of those. All exits are locked and key access.
- Did not get to use pool but looked in good working order.
- With my schedule I was not able to work out so I did not look for a fitness center; typically this is high on my list so I apologize.
- Surrounding area is perfect. There must be 20 different places to eat within 1-2 miles, and of numerous different tastes (fast food, sandwich, sit down mid price, sit down little nicer, sports bar, etc.)

To wrap this review up, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, mid or small budget. This hotel is easily worth the less than $50 that I paid. Whether you are looking for a 'cheapo to rest my head' or a 'better than average nicer hotel', this place works for both.

Room Tip: Its only two floors so not an issue there with long elevator rides. Not a huge property either so yo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was a good stay in this hotel. Except the receptoionest when we arrived was kinda rude and didn't seem happy when we arrived Friday apr 12 around 6pm. But other than that it was good stay here. Good breakfast to but could use more fruit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This BW turned out to be a pleasant surprise... it pretty much matched the very good reviews it gets on several travel sites, which is how we picked it. Will try to be brief but cover it all, pros (lots) and cons (very few).

GENERAL AREA: Very safe. Lots of good restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.

GROUNDS: Clean, nicely landscaped. Nice pool. Well-equipped and clean work-out room, stocked with towels.

STAFF: Friendly, professional, helpful... but had very limited contact.

BEDROOM: Very clean. Comfortable beds but lots of tiny pillows. Air conditioner quiet, worked well. Very nice decor, above average for the hotel class. Roomy, except that a large easy chair and ottoman jammed up one side of room. CON: Very slow, flaky wireless access... strong signal but speed alternated near continuously and rapidly between snail and adequate. Likely too much traffic for the access point from other room connections. Smallish HDTV, but it did have HD service. The building seemed quiet in the evening, didn't hear much noise.

BATHROOM: Very clean. Medium size, adequate enough. Attractive decor and nicely tiled walls and floor. Large vanity, room for 2 to 'work' together. Nice fluffy towels, and extras. Great shower head, a rarity. Bathroom exhaust vent didn't work. CON: OK, here's our biggest negative regarding the stay, and it's not a biggie... the tap and shower water has a distinct odor, not exactly bad, kinda “earthy”. Probably the City of Addison's treating program.

BREAKFAST: Well-stocked with numerous options, and well-attended.

Will definitely stay here again the next time we're in the area. Considering the excellent rate it was a delight.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xplorers2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Quality Suites North / Galleria

Been to Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel? Share your experiences!