“Hot, smelly, just awful”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Addison Galleria Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Hot, smelly, just awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Best Western Addison, Texas
We were traveling with a pet – and I suppose this makes us 2nd class citizens, or so it seemed at this hotel.
I picked Best Western because I knew that many of their hotels are pet friendly. When we arrived at the hotel in Addison we found the room hot – very hot, much hotter than the outside temperature. It was around 85 outside, but the room was well over 100 degrees. We asked for another room, but found that the management of that hotel does not turn the A/C on – ever! We were told to turn the A/C on and come back “later”. It was late, I didn’t know where another pet friendly hotel was, so we got back into the car and drove around for an hour while the room was cooling off - to 80 degrees.
Can you imagine going there on business and finding a 100-degree hotel room and surly night staff? The hallways smelled like sour water - kind of like the windshield wash water at self service gas stations.
This hotel was awful. Don’t go there. If the hotel manager won’t cool the rooms what else is he skimping on? I understand that he wants to save all he can before returning to India, but his methods are not logical and will cause him, and Best Western, to lose business. Our next Best Western was much better.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask them to turn the A/C on!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BW44669, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Addison Galleria Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We do turn the A/C units for our guest's and I will be looking into what happened with your stay. The smell you are refering too was a situation where some one had clogged the ice machine and caused a leak. This created the musty smell, but we have had the carpets shampooed and this has solved the problem. The smell is gone and we can only hope that you will give us another chance. Thank you and we value your imput.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I picked this hotel because I was looking for something within walking distance of the Improv and the Piano Bar. My room on the second floor was clean and roomy and had a great view of the pool. The bed smelled clean and I liked that the comforter was white because I am very particular about cleanliness. The sofa looked like it could use an update, but other than that, everything looked fine. While I was there, I got to take a look at one of their suites (Bridal??) that had a big hot tub in it. It was really nice, but it was already taken for the weekend that I wanted it (wkend before V-day) Oh well, maybe next time. I like that they have free wi-fi and free breakfast. They also have a small gym, but I didn't get a chance to use it. Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who's not looking for anything fancy but just needs a safe place to get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I selected this hotel based on the many good reviews it received and I'm glad I did. Hotel was newly renovated and located on a quiet street. There were alot of restaurants in area and easy access to highways. There were a few mishaps while we were there but the manager, Diana, and her staff were eager to corredct them and make your stay a pleasant one. The room was large and clean and modern looking. Breakfast was very good. The manager special price was amazing for such a room I would definitely stay here next time I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and the hotel was totally redone by Best Western.
All is new with very comfortable king size bed. Rooms have a refrigerator and microwave besides coffee maker.
Breakfast is excellent and include hot food (eggs,bacon,sausage and a waffle maker)
Location is near the Dallas Galleria
Will use it again for sure.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms in the 200 range face the back and are quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I was at this hotel at the end of Jauary and this is by far one of the nicest Best Western's that I have had an honor to stay in. This is a very quiet, clean, and friendly hotel. I just wanted to give it props and that the breakfast was very good. Diana, the manager, was great and made me feel at home.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My family and I had went to Dallas for a family reunion...we had time to spare so we wanted to explore the Dallas area..we had no idea where to go so we asked for suggestions at the front desk...they were awesome..they gave us pamplets of where to go as far as site seeing...this hotel went out of their way to make sure we felt like home..the rooms are very clean and cozy..the staff is knowledgeable of directions..and the manager there..which I think her name is Diana..she is great..and just because of her I will come back and stay at this hotel..just because of her hospitality and the staff..great job guys...kep up the good work..my family and I really appreciate it..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brenda R
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

we recently stayed 2 nights. We stayed in both a presidential suite and bridal suite. Both were very clean and affordable. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us and were very friendly. Close to multiple restaurants and petes piano bar and Improv comedy. would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Comfort Suites North/Galleria
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Addison Galleria Hotel? Share your experiences!