“Not the best”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Houston, Texas
“Not the best”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room was OK, nothing special as expected but the staff is not attentive at all. The Ice machine was broken on the 2nd floor, I went down to the first floor and that was jammed too so I went to the receptionist who was assisting a customer at the time. I asked her where I could get ice since the machine is broken. Her answer was (trying to impress the guests in front of her): We have ice machines at every floor! I said : Yeah you do, broken ones! I had to go to the bar to get ice (on a sat night in my PJ's in front of everyone!!)The pool was unusable, absolutely dirty, the spa was disgusting. On my check out another receptionist told me: Just set your key down and you're done, bye. Never asked how my stay was or if I wanted anything else. I will not stay at this hotel again, would not recommend. For the same price pick the other Marriott down the street even though that one had no elevator.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thehuligan
Springhill_Addison, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am sorry to here about all the issues with your stay. We take our customer's comments seriously and used your review in a training with our staff.

The ice machines have been fixed. We are cleaning our pool twice a day during the busy summer months.

Thank you for your comments.

Scott Crunk, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Canton, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Room was way more outdated than the typical Courtyard that I am used to staying in. With that said, for the price, it was not bad at all. Even an awesome price on the weekend.

Walking distance to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar, Magic Time Machine, Hooters, Improv, Taco Diner, and probably a few more.

Had to wait forever for someone to come to the desk when I first checked in. At least 5 minutes. She was very nice once she finally appeared.

Although the room was just average at best, the commons areas were beautiful. Amazing courtyard and pool views and very nice main lobby that always seemed to be fairly busy with people eating and sitting around.

Will go back again for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
League City, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival there were four employees behind the desk in the lobby, all of which were unable to assist us. We patiently sat down and waited until they were available, in fact we sat down in plain eye sight. We were continuously told "we'll be right with you." After 10 minutes we still hadn't been helped, and we were the only guest in the lobby waiting to check-in. After about 10 minutes we noticed a woman walk in requesting a room, with no reservation, and was assisted immediately. We then noticed a gentleman being assisted with, to which I finally approached the front desk. The employee kindly asked me "checking in." I wanted to sarcastically remark NO! She saw me sitting on the chair for 15 minutes and you repeatedly told me you would be right with me and yet she felt as though to ask me if I was checking in?

Needless to say our check-in took 20 minutes and we were the only waiting guests. I was not happy with my initial greeting.

The lobby is usually large for a small hotel. The bistro area was just okay, there never seemed to be someone available for assistance. The bistro has great potential but needs some work. We wanted to check out happy hour, but the prices for happy hour were outrageous! A happy hour martini was priced at $6.25, and the menu was very small! So we went to BJ's Restaurant instead.

Our bedroom was nothing special, the bed was uncomfortable. The shower area was quite spacious, but that was the only nice thing. We were disappointed to find our our friends' room had a refrigerator and we did not. In conclusion, we will not be staying here on our next visit to Dallas!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Springhill_Addison, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am shocked and dismayed to hear how you were treated at our property. Please accept my apologies. At Marriott, we strive to consistently go above and beyond the service expectations of our guests; however, I can plainly see we have failed you in that regard. I will direct your comments to our senior mangement and department heads, so hopefully we can avoid such gross oversights in the future. Again, I am sorry. I hope that despite this incident your will still consider Marriott for your lodging needs.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Hey gang- a rare business trip review for me. I typically stay at 4 or 5 star resorts and review them for famillies but this one was worth reviewing.

Stayed here for one night. Conference down the street. Staff totally helpful and kind. Must be the southern hospitality. Lobby was good with modern touches. Room a little dated but not so much that it makes much difference. If i had to critisize, the towels are pretty low budget and paper Thin.

This hotel should definitely be in the top 5 of trip advisor. For the location and price it's definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed April 2013
Springhill_Addison, Manager at Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We have taken this feedback to our owners and management team. We are commited to keeping an outstanding property, and will be completing some upgrades in 2013. We appriciate your business.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 20, 2013

In the heart of North Dallas businesses, shopping, and dining...this is a safe, wonderful Courtyard property.

If you're here on business and come with your family, no one should be bored with all the nearby shopping, dining, and entertainment.

My room was a DOUBLE KING--TWO King Beds--refrigerator, and a view overlooking the pool and large, outdoor courtyard. The courtyard area is great for enjoying early morning and late afternoons. Well manicured and landscaped with plenty of outdoor seating.

This Courtyard is larger than most--but the rooms feature typical Courtyard fare.

Don't be discouraged by my "very good" rating. It really was "excellent" in terms of location, value, and service. I didn't give it an excellent simply because there are places nearby that truly offer "over the top" , full service luxury--but you'll pay three or four times what you'll pay here. If that's what you want, go for it.

SUMMARY: This hotel offers an EXCELLENT VALUE on a VERY GOOD property.

Room Tip: Unlike many Courtyards that feature refrigerators in EVERY room, this one does not. If that's a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Springhill_Addison, Manager at Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott! We appriciate your business and your positive feedback about our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Santa Barbara, CA/Dallas, TX
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just a quick overnight stay for one night but it was a great night. I like the location, it is close to major freeways/tollways and very close to lots of restaurants in Addison. Service was friendly, I got a discounted rate so I felt I definitely got my money's worth.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Springhill_Addison, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appriciate you staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Rooms were fine, nothing spectacular but clean and comfortable. Lobby is very nice. Free shuttle to nearby malls is good as there is nothing to do in the local area other than a few chain restaurants. Quite a large indoor/outdoor pool and good gym. I ate in the bar one Sunday evening as the restaurant was closed. The food was OK, however the company I work for gets a discount in the hotel, however the bar tender/waitress decided to include 2 receipts for me, one at the discounted price to sign, and another with the original price and "SERVICE NOT INCLUDED" written in huge letters beside the original price. I didn't think this was a very subtle wait to suggest the tip be based on the non discounted food price. Charging for wifi internet is very behind the times, I do hope Marriott will waken up on this soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison

Been to Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive? Share your experiences!