“The staff is great!”

Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just stayed there in Aug 2012. This is an updated Courtyard with the check in mini desks and information touch screen and "bistro" eatery. Most outstanding was the staffs fantastic, friendly, "can do" attitude.... down to the maintenance person pushing a cart down the hallway... I was greeted with "hello, how are you doing today"..... call it southern hospitality... but I noticed.
Room was an average consistent hotel room... I appreciate consistency in my hotel rooms. I do not have high status with Marriott yet, so was not privy to any perks other than the much appreciated bottle of water at check in. No included breakfast with my corporate rate.
This hotel is located in the middle of a vibrant restaurant and nightlife area. I dare say you can walk to any type of eatery you desire... within a few blocks. For example, directly across the street is a great upscale restaurant / bar with live music and dancing. Within ten blocks there are literally hundreds of places with food, drink and entertainment.

Room Tip: Your choice is empty lot / skyline (north) or courtyard / pool (south)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel while I was attending a training seminar held in the hotel itself. When we first checked in, there was an odd detour to our room due to some leak issue. This was quickly resolved and looked good as new the next day. Our room was clean and comfortable and had a mini-fridge. A microwave would've been great but the mini-fridge was fine. The room itself was your standard king room. It did have a large flat screen tv that swivelled which was nice. It also had a small couch and a nice sized desk. The hotel location was perfect. There were countless restaurants in walking distance which was very helpful. Overall, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable and convenient hotel while staying in Addison, look no further.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 and the hotel says it's a non smoking hotel. They probably should have let the previous occupant of the room know, because he or she had definitely lit up during their stay. Un-good. Bed was extremely soft to me. Elevator is located quite a distance from the lobby, so any trip to the room was quite a walk.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

stayed here for work weekly for three months last year. The staff is friendly, the rooms are ok. I loved the work centers and lunch and dinner options. I mainly stayed here because I could walk to work but always found what I needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My sister and I stayed on the Courtyard for a quick visit to Dallas during Memorial weekend. The hotel is really close to the Galleria on the car but it was not so easy to find considering there are 4 or 5 Marriott on the same street. We stopped in a different Marriott and they send us in our way.

We checked in late and we received excellent service for the concierge. The lobby seemed to be updated recently.

The room has double king size which it was nice. The beds were comfortable and our room was clean. The bathroom was spacious, the towels were a bit on the short and thin side.

The AC unit worked fine, it cooled down the room but it was very noisy, it woke me up several times during the night. As other reviewers said, the walls are thin. We could hear our neighbors talking on the next room and people walking on the hall.

For breakfast, it is not buffet. You go to the cafe and they give you a menu with the included breakfast choices. It was a big plate for me and my sister, but it would be nice to get also fruit included not only one thing.

We could see the pool from our room and it seem clean and the area around it too. The area around the hotel seemed fine, no trouble specially for 2 girls travelling by themselves. I did not feel it unsafe when we checked out and it was quiet during the night even though we overlooked some restaurants.

Room Tip: Double king size was very spacious and fit for 4 people perfectly.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now on the night of Kaboom Town in Addison. The location is excellent -- just a short walk to Addison Circle and the park area where all the action is during Kaboom Town. The hotel staff are very friendly, helpful and courteous. I have not eaten at the hotel because there are so many restaurant choices near by -- which is another great reason this hotel is in such a great location. It is just north of restaurant row (Beltline Rd). The pool is larger than the pools at other hotels in the area. The rooms are clean and the beds are adequately comfortable. For Kaboom town, the hotel offers specials which includes coupons. To top it off, you can park your car at the hotel when you arrive and walk to all the local activities -- avoiding all the Kaboom traffic. Many people staying at the hotel will bring lawn chairs and sit out in the parking lot to watch the firewooks that night. Overall, great stay at a great location!

Room Tip: Check out AddisonTexas Kaboom Town website for the "Spend the Night in Addison" hotel spec...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank amyc1010
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We checked in and was given a room that had not been cleaned. We then went down to lobby and had to wait for employee to get off A personal call to get another room. Then several days later I found our my credit card was charged for my room as well as my parents. They
had checked in at same time but given a credit card for their own room. When I complained I was given 1000 points. At least they attempted something. Great location and the 2nd room was good.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank dtk847
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison

Been to Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive? Share your experiences!