“But, that was my fault....LOL”
Review of Buttons Food and Music-Addison - CLOSED

Buttons Food and Music-Addison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Belt Line
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Firstly, let me start by saying that my relationship with the Buttons Restaurant bunch is more than close. The owner/frontman Herbert Hughes and his lovely wife Carolyn are two of my dearest friends. Several of the investor group are extremely close friends of mine and have also been business associates. The Executive Chef and almost all the staff are people I've known and loved for a long time. That being said...here's the deal...
I love Buttons but I have never been a fan of loud music while I dine, regardless of how good it is.
If you feel the same, go before the music starts and treat yourself to a fine meal.
On this occassion, I ordered grilled catfish. It came with collards (I adore them as Buttons serves them) and mashed sweet potatoes which were yummy but not a favorite of mine. The catfish was very good but again a poor choice for my tastebuds on this occasion. Two of my dining companions had the Big Poppi Pollo which is an always home run with me. The bar does a great job with the cocktails and the place was packed. All in all...very good food and grand entertainment but the choices I made could have been better suited to my desires. Buttons is a winner when it comes to upscale soulfood for upscale personalities. A hangout for Mav and Cowboy players. KOOL ! I have to admit...I am a bit predjudiced in favor of Buttons ! LOL

1  Thank bobinman1

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I expected more out of this place. I had hoped to find down home southern cooking with a bit of soulful flair. The bread pudding was rubbery. Need I say more?

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had heard so much about the Buttons restaurant. It has a day life, and then an evening life to it's ambiance. We make a reservation as suggested on the Buttons website, They have a full bar and live music in the evening.

The menu had to many tempting choices we read the over the items like a book. We watched orders being delivered to other costumers trying to choose an entry. I ordered the salmon with cream spinach, my husband the fried chicken and waffles, All items were great and the waiter was back checking on our table keeping our sweet tea filled. With so many mood menu choices and wonderful first visit we will be back.

2  Thank Teresa O
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The first time I went to this restaurant, was on a Thursday night and I loved it. I went with friends and the service, food and music were fantastic. I could not wait to go back. The next time we went was on a Saturday night. The food and service was great but the music was so loud,we could not hear ourselves talking. There were so many people standing around that we could not see anything. People stood in front of our table the entire time we were there. The next time we went was on a Sunday evening, the food was just ok but the presentation was awful. There were 11 of us and we had a reservation. They were not prepared for us at all. I asked for a manager and he was absolutely rude. I vowed to never go again. However, we recently had friends in town and they requested good soul food. So the ten of us thought we would try again. It was horrible. The food was nothing like ever before. I asked for a manager again and got the same guy. Still rude but this time worst than before. It was embarrassing. He said "the catfish was the same as served in Long John Silvers". Just as before there were no accommodations. I will never go there again. Too bad!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great food,atmosphere excellent customer service,on time reservations fabulous waiter, owner visited our table when we arrived with 6 people for my boyfriend's 50th birthday celebration! Couldn't have asked for a better seating arrangement,great booth facing the band! My only wish would be that dance floor be bigger to allow us to dance! Otherwise absolutely everything was RIGHT! Congrats Buttons you got my vote!