“No Concealed Handguns Allowed”

Homewood Suites Dallas/Addison
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am a Texas Concealed Handgun License holder and a long time Hilton Honors member. This is the first Hilton brand hotel in Texas that I have stayed in that does not allow licensed concealed handguns. I would not have stayed here had I known. This information should be available on the reservation website, especially in Texas. The hotel website should also include the most rooms are in a separate building from the lobby, which does make staying here slightly inconvenient. The rooms were well furnished and clean, with the exception of hair on a towel. However, the air handler was loud and so were the people outside the window late at night and early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank X4316LBteresad

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Dallas if you have work on the North side of Dallas and the Homewood suites setup makes it like a second home. The kitchenette makes it possible to make your own meals if needed and the 3/4 size refrigerator with freezer gives you room to store stuff for lunches. It's not a bad commute into downtown but there can be traffic on the tollway if there is an accident. There are lots of reasonable restaurants and services nearby and Floyd's is right across the street for a haircut if you need one. The only real downside is that the gym doesn't have any free weights other than that its just right for the money!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I felt at home. Many options in the area for entertainment. I was very pleased with the staff and the hotel overall. I will definately stay again. I asked to check in early as I arrived before 11 AM and there was no wait and no hassle. I was able to get to my room and across the street to Chili's for lunch and an entire afternoon of football.

1  Thank Ryan J
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I wish I could have stayed a few more days and used more of the amenities. If I ever find myself in Addison area again, I will definitely stay at Homewood Suites. The room was very pleasant and virtually noise free. The only small things I had an issue with was the location of the air conditioner as it was right next to the bed, and I'm used to having a channel guide so I dont have to go through all the channels to find the station I was looking for. Other than those minor things, I enjoyed the room and my short stay.

1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went on business and the location was wonderful! The room was perfect. Very quite, we were next to the work out room and never heard any noise! The staff was amazingly professional, They were helpful and friendly! The bed was comfortable and the couch and chair were comfortable. We were able to walk to any type restaurant. Next door was Outback and we ate there twice! Thank you for an enjoyable stay. We went to AT&T Stadium and Dealey Plaza....a little drive but worth the trip. This is a very nice area. The room was large and comfortable. A full size fridge/stove/microwave! The breakfast was nice....coffee not so nice!(But Starbucks is close and there's a coffee shop in Addison Circle! They had a wine/beer/appetizers every night. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor right next to the exercise room.....back door close to parking! Great! Extr...
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was in town for a relative's funeral. I chose this hotel because it was close to my family. I was alone and felt very safe. There was a security guard on duty. The room was so spacious and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Judith S
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here, a bit far from airport, but room is nice, grounds are nice, in walking distance to a great restaurant (Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House), and they have a very nice pool that was open September 19th

Room Tip: I would choose 3rd floor, the top floor, as the construction seemed to be wood frame based and possi...