“Great weekend stay”

Homewood Suites Dallas/Addison
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Addison Homewood suites for the OU/Tx game. We have stayed at this hotel since 1993 and keep going back. The hotel has been remodeled several times over the years and always looks clean and well kept. The staff is courteous and efficient. Addison is a safe and exciting part of town to stay in. There are numerous restaurants and a comedy club within a mile of the hotel. The one bedroom suites are like small appartments with LCD TVs and nicely furnished. With easy acces to North Dallas tollway you can be downtown is 15 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Ok, I love Homewood suites hotels, and this hotel is nice but there are a few things that I had a problem with. I will begin with the things that were a plus for us. First, the room decor is very nice....furniture was in great shape, and wall paper was perfect! The food served at the evening meal was actually very good quality for a hotel, compared to other hotel's I have stayed at. The room was very clean, and welcoming. The hotel is next to an abundance of good places to eat, for everything from a steak dinner to Indian cuisine, so you have a whole lot of dining options, and can eat at a different spot every night of the week. Now I will talk about the drawbacks, that make my stay just an ok stay. The first thing is when we booked the hotel, we told them that we needed a non smoking room, and was told it would be done. Once we got here, we were told that everything was booked, and all that was available was a smoking room. Neither myself or my husband smokes, and can't stand the smell, not to mention it aggravates my bronchitis. We were told at the front desk that they do some type of cleaning to get rid of the smell of smoke in the rooms, and it should be fine, so we came to the room to see if it was true. Once entering the room, the smell was very minimal, so we were willing to give it a try. We left, and went to eat up front, and upon arriving back to the room, the smell had start to become stronger, and hard to tolerate. We went and bought some oust spray, which really made it much better, and tolerable. You could actually see the yellowing from the smoke on all of the air vents of the room. Another problem was with the garbage disposal...it needed cleaning, and smelled of rotten food every time the water was ran. One of the bedroom windows was stuck open about 3 inches, and there were ants all over the windowsill, so I sprayed a little bug spray to keep them out. Another issue is that there is NO wireless internet, and if we hadn't brought a router, we would have had to take turns using the hard wire connection. The bathroom was the tiniest bathroom I have ever encountered at a hotel. You had to squeeze in and out....the toilet is right between the tub, and the door, and right up on them. The last issue for me, which is a major one was the fact that some of the rooms are outside sorta like walk up apartments. I had to walk outside through the grounds just to get to the front of the hotel, which is like a maze. I made sure not to do so alone at night, there are way too many tall hedges on the property, and no security. If I were to come to Addison again, I wouldn't make this a first choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank vacationNikki
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Was here for a long weekend in August....Hotel lay out is different than most Homewoods that I have been in, as it is a conventional hotel, but rather separate buildings. This notwithstanding the hotel in centrally located in Addison and close to Dallas and other adjacent cities. Close to 635 and the Tollway. Great rooms, extremely clean, great staff and nice pool to cool off the 100 plus weather this weekend. I also enjoyed that the cable TV offerings had Spanish language channels. Front desk staff very professional as was the breakfast attendant. Great, great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Rafael A
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is an older Homewood, and I have stayed here on and off for over 15 years. The property is still in very good condition, and while the furnishings are a bit dated, they are all still excellent. The rooms are a great value (except the ones facing Beltline, the outdoor bar across the street has a patio band that can be heard over the TV), and they are spacious and well kept.

This will be the last visit for me until they get their internet fixed. It has been an issue the last couple of trips, and they are in a AT&T low zone so my usual trick of pulling out the wifi card didn't help. My speeds were approaching dialup ones, and even maintaining a connection with their extremely limited wifi network was a trial. The room did have a wired connection (useless for mobile devices) which could achieve speeds of about 1/3 of a DSL connection...at times.

If Internet access isn't important to you, this is probably a cost effective hotel, but if you rely on it as I do, it is a bust. One night and out for me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DTopNWArk
Management response:Responded August 9, 2011

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that internet access was of concern during your time with us, we do offer a 1.800 number specifically dedicated to assisting our guests and I have touched base with both our provider and the customer service line to ensure that they are aware of the opportunity and making upgrades to the system to ensure this is not an opportunity for anyone else. Thank you for letting me know, I appreciate your comments. Please feel free to contact me.

Heidi Riddles

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The price was reasonable, the staff helpful. You get a living room/kitchen, bedroom, and a bathroom, so you don't feel at all cramped. The TVs are LED, but do not appear to have HD programming. Internet is free for those who are in the Hilton program but the speed was somewhat slow, wired or wireless. Paper was delivered every day in a timely fashion. Rotating hot breakfast choices included scrambled eggs, eggs benedict, etc... There were waffles and cereal every day. The lack of HD programming, the slow internet, and no "egg man" stop this review from getting an excellent rating, but this was a very pleasant choice. Most importantly, I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BizexecMi
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We went as a family with 2 kids and loved the place. THe suites were great with a large living area and well equipped kitchenette. The location was great, and the complimentary breakfast was good with a variety of choices. Very comfortable overall and a great variety of eating choices within walking distance.
A couple of things which could make some people pause. We had hoped to use the pool, but the pool is a bit small keeping in mind the size of the hotel. So it was overcrowded at all times which was a bit of a turnoff for us. The rooms do not have wireless internet connections -- they do have a wired connection which works very well. But this means that only one person can use a laptop at one time, and only at a specific table in the living area. Finally, this must be one of the very few high end hotels which has a smoking section. So the tobacco smell is very strong in large parts of the hotel. Also, even though we had non-smoking rooms, there seemed to be a faint whiff of tobacco. So those who can't stand tobacco need to take this inot consideration.
However, the above were drawbacks which prevented us rating the place excellent...overall it was a great place to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Anvilz
Reviewed May 22, 2011

First off, this is one of those Homewoods which is apartment style, outside entry. I'm not a big fan, but I really like the fresh air from them. One of us was going to the Cooper Clinic while the other was being touristy. This hotel was chosen since it has a shuttle service, but the service was not running at 6:30 am when we needed transport to the Clinic. They called a limo service, and paid the tab! We were shocked! I did not want to drive in the legendary Dallas traffic, so I requested a ride to the communter train station. I was on my way in less than 15 minutes. And, I was able to borrow an umbrella from the front desk!

The room was great, a typical Homewood. Will return!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business