“Overnight stay for shopping trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Addison
“Overnight stay for shopping trip”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Choose this hotel with price in mind for a over night stay. Cost for the night was quite cheap at $75 for a double queen room. The front desk was quite friendly. Although i prefer to pay upfront in cash to avoid using my credit card, the front desk was unable to give back my change but offered to bring it to my room at a later time even though it was a Small amount I never received my change. The rooms were a bit dated, you could tell where the walls had been patched and painted over. I wish the front desk would explain how the beds work In the room. My wife complained how hard the bed was, and to my amusement when I was checking out the next morning there is info at the front desk on how to adjust the firmness of the bed. You should consider leaving that posted next to the beds In the room or leave a Insert with the room key folder. Overall the hotel location was located right off the main road Belt line and being that I have visited Addison In the past I had no trouble getting around to local restaurants or the shopping malls. If you want breakfast there is no complimentary offer for residents of the hotel. You will spend 8.95 per person which can be expensive if you have a large family . Overall for the price for one night fit with my budget, I wouldn't stay there again I'd stay at the hyatt place which has more room options and free breakfast.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sheldon G
Tiffany R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Sheldon,

I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay from no change at the front desk, to the issues with the process of our beds & our hotel being out dated. I assure you I take every matter seriously and will have this taken care of with my team. We are starting a re-training with our team to assure the proper procedures are handled at the front desk with guests change & explaining our beds. We are also going through a remodel for our hotel in the next few months and hope we can have the pleasure of seeing you again, please feel free to contact me @ DALAH_GM@hilton.com so we can further discuss this. Hope to talk to you soon.

Best Regards, Tiffany Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Abilene, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Have stayed here in the past for business and have never had any problems and has always been a great experience. Although this stay was disappointing due to a bug found in my room and the staff not doing as they indicated they would do because of it.

1 Thank Nancy S
Tiffany R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Nancy,

I am embarrassed to know you had a terrible experience with your room & my team. I am a firm believer that follow it is very important for our guest, I assure you I am looking into this issue and please know we take things like this very serious. If you can please contact me @ Dalah_GM@hilton.com so I can get more details. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon.

Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Just completed a stay in room 338. Left at 7am for the day, returned at 3pm. Room service was not complete. Called front desk to tell them not to bother since I now had calls to complete from the room for the rest of the afternoon. Put do not disturb sign on door. Conducting a telephone interview and maid service proceeds to pound on door for 5 minutes. A few minutes later they started calling on the room phone. When I was done my call, I called the front desk again to ensure no more interruptions. I left the DND sign on door for the night. Next morning at 8am...bang bang bang "housekeeping". Not sure what was going on, but not consistent with my experience at the many Hilton properties I stay at.

1 Thank Mark W
Dear Mark,

I wanted to Thank you for letting us know about your past stay with us, the issues you had with our housekeeping is not a norm for our hotel. I want to apologize on behalf of me and my team for not meeting your expectations and assure this issue will not happen again. My housekeeping team services rooms until 4:30pm each day and apologize again they didn't get to your room until past 3pm. I have went through a retraining with my team to assure if you came again we will all make it a pleasant stay for you.

Strafford, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here with a friend for 3 nights April 2nd through the 5th. We chose this hotel because it was close to the recording studio we were doing business with. The hotel staff was nothing short of AMAZING to us, from check in to check out. We ate breakfast at the hotel all 3 mornings we were there and were waited on by a very attentive gentleman. It would have been nice had the breakfast been included in the price of the room, however, it wasn't too overpriced at $10 a plate.The hotel rooms and amenities were very clean and well maintained, and the beds were super comfortable. The only suggestion I would have for for the next remodel is to enlarge the bathrooms and anchor the room refrigerators more solidly. There was a very loud parking lot party on the Friday night that we were there that lasted until about 4 am, however, the NCAA Final Four was in town, so we felt that it was not the norm considering the 2 prior peaceful nights that we stayed at the hotel. Overall, this hotel was a great choice for us due to its proximity to our business, shopping, restaurants and from a safety perspective of 2 women traveling together. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank april1970
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Appearance, cleanliness and staff's clear focus on customer service were exceptional. Only comment is that for the price, paying for a continental breakfast seemed inconsistent with other elements. At least coffee was free. Considering "all", I will definitely stay at this hotel again if traveling to the same area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank David G
We appreciate the wonderful feedback you gave our hotel and our hotel staff. Our guest mean so much to us and we hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for my cousin's wedding along with many of the otehr out of town guests and the service was absolutely excellent. They were couteous and helpful. They went above and beyond to make sure we had all that we needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank 655alyne
Houston, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Don't bother making them. "Got You Covered" does not work and is a joke. ATT Wifi is a joke and staff help is ineffective. I will not be back to Hilton Gardens. We helped keep this location open during the remodel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jack H S
Dear Jack,

I want to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. If at all possible please contact me @ Dalah_GM@hilton.com so I can further assist you with these issues. Thanks again

Best Regards, Tiffany Ramirez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison? Share your experiences!