“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Plano, Texas
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had several friends and family stay for my wedding and was very impressed. They had everything we needed and shuttled my guests back and forth at no charge. From the General Manager to the housekeeping ladies, everyone was so very nice to us all. They had pool toys that the kids got to borrow and they never once seemed bothered by our constant need of things. We cannot thank them enough and we will for sure suggest them to any of our friends needing lodging for their events. Thank you for taking such good care of my guests.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the back parking lot get very noisy due to bar next to hotel. Not hotels fault but...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I'm so impressed with this hotel, mostly due to the staff. From the front desk to the General Manager (I believe her name is Lauren) we were made to feel like the most important folks to walk through their door. Everyone was so friendly and very eager to make certain our every need was quickly and efficiently taken care of. The hotel is lovely and the rooms were perfect. Very comfy beds! I really appreciated the extra attention paid to us by Lauren, the General Manager. I have a baby in arms and 2 other children and Lauren went above and beyond to help me with the kids when we went for breakfast. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in town.

Granger, IN
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here for a recent one-night visit to Dallas. Several things I noticed...
* Nice sitting area by fireplace in lobby.
* Quick check-in and very friendly.
* Room was chilly when I walked in (i like that!) from a 98-degree day.
* Very comfortable bed.
* Breakfast was hot and good, and even had made-to-order options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank faithntim9890
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Good welcome at check-in. Toilet in room was low and the bathroom door hinges creaked loudly and it drug on the carpet until it jammed there when fully open. Our room's entry door latch was loose and we heard loud door slams up and down the hallway. When I checked the door lock to the adjoining room to see that it was locked, the door handle fell off onto the floor. The 'easy chair' in our room was not very comfortable. We stayed two nights, the first breakfast buffet had excellent bacon strips, some of the best ever, and the selection of juices were fresh and nice. There were several breakfast items available, as expected at HGIs. The second morning had bacon that was very good, but not as good as the first day, and we made a waffle that was very good. Both days I had pre-packaged Chobani yogurt and added fresh blueberries to it. We were told by the waiter that they had a cook-to-order egg station, but I didn't see it. We will try a different place next time, hoping to find a more positive experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

To the property owners: What a shame that you have not updated your property and I'm surprised that Hilton hasn't warned you that you are at risk of losing your franchise. You have a great location, a friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff, a housekeeping staff that clearly is conscientious about doing their best with what they have to work with, and great internet speed. But, your property is old and in desperate need of a refresh. The carpet in my room was filthy and the mildew in the jets in the whirlpool tub was disgusting. Although I did appreciate the sheepskin covering on the bed, a mattress pad is needed between the sheepskin covering and the contour sheet as I'm sure that the sheepskin doesn't get washed on a daily basis. Pillowcase protectors are needed on the pillows. Finally, for those of us with allergies, keeping the filters in the air conditioning unit clean is imperative. Mine clearly had not been cleaned for quite some time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Hotel offered a free shuttle ride to the baboon fire works. The staff were very friendly. Nothing wrong, but nothing extra excellent, but fair for the price. I probably will stay again there. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ropesville, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We planned a last-minute trip to the Metroplex to eat at III forks, and take in a Rangers game. Hilton Garden Inn had an $89 weekend rate; it was near III forks and the Galleria, so we tried it. The room was excellent. Nice size, very clean, and has the dial-your-firmness bed. The breakfast staff was EXCELLENT - very efficient, and friendly. For an $89 room, you can't go wrong here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison? Share your experiences!