“Great value stay with very accommodating staff.”

Comfort Suites North/Galleria
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Pawhuska
“Great value stay with very accommodating staff.”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Just spent several days at the comfort suites in Addison, Texas. This hotel is under new management and everyone was very accommodating and pleasant. During our stay the spa was out of service but the hotel does have an indoor heated pool. For absolute value and hospitality, this was a pleasant surprise. You get a hot breakfast, clean rooms, friendly service and a very accommodating staff. I was there on business and needed some help with some typing and computer work. I asked Cala, the hotel manager, if she could help me find someone to help me with my work, thirty minutes later she had me the help and we got the work done right at the hotel in a conference room. If you have need of an overnight, or week or more, stay in the North Dallas area, for the biggest bang for your buck, I highly recommend you stay with these kind people. 4555 Beltline Rd. but not right on Beltline. You can come in off Arapaho very conveniently.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank taydrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cincy
Reviewed September 4, 2009

The room we had had dirty carpets, the light sconces were falling off the walls. During the night the toilet leaked, apparently the wax seal broke. My wife had left her make-up/jewelry bag on the floor of the bathroom and found it soaked. When advised of the situation the desk clerk only offered another room. We insisted upon a refund which she was not authorized to issue. My wife left a note for the manager (whom the clerk could not find or contact - believe it or not his phone was disconnected!) with her cell phone number. She detailed our experience and asked him to call as soon as possible. No call was forthcoming, ever. I will also note the "breakfast" was sub par. It consisted of a few dry cereals, a bagel and maybe a sweet roll. Poor, it seemed it was an afterthought, something to do to put in the advertising. We did check out by 8am went to the Best Western just 2 blocks away and got wonderful service, they allowed us to have thier hot breakfast and they were able to let us in a room that early. The price was the same. I have since used this Best Western many times.

As an addendum, I did write to the chairman of Choice Hotels with a copy of my wife's note and a detailed letter from me explaining that we choose this hotel because it was a) close to my daughter, b) it was a national chain, c) most of the Choice hotels we have stayed at were fine. I will also note the manager never responded to us, except to send us a refund with a curt note. The chairman had an assistant write us, and unbelievably the assistant said that since each hotel is owned by a franchisee they had no control over their policies! I will avoid using any Choice Hotel property. The customer seems to be wrong at this facility.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jboy2001
Hewitt
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I stayed in this motel while my daughter competed in a National basketball tournament. I was so disappointed in the motel from the time I got on the elevator and even more so when I opened the door to the room. The elevator is extremely outdated and probably in need of repair. The stains in the carpet started in the elevator and were also in the hallways. The room smelled like mold that was trying to be covered up by bleach. The hallways were hot and the chairrails in the hallways looked like a child painted them. The only high point of the stay was the breakfast. I was booked for two nights, but decided that 1 night was way too much.

Wisconsin
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed with our family and grand[parents after a day of shopping the Galleria. The room was large and comfortable and the only disappointment was that the jacuzzi by the pool was down, the desk clerk told us that a large group had been there recently and broke it. The breakfast was excellent and a staff member came around with refills for our coffee and orange juice which I have never had done for me at a continental breakfast at a hotel. It was a pleasant surprise. We would stay here again if we came to the area.

Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Overall this hotel wasn't bad. It's in a nice area with lots of restaurants and shops. The lobby and eating area is nice. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. Nice bed and pillows.

This is an older hotel, so some of the items in the rooms were kind of busted up. The pool was VERY cold! The whirlpool was kind of gross looking and not in use (empty). The computer was ancient and slow, but they do have wireless available.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed July 17, 2009

the hotel for itself I wouldn't say is the nicest hotel that you could find but the staff make it worthwhile.
The carpets really need to be changed and the elevator is creepy and very small.
The hotel in general is old and doesn't look like it has gone through any renovations in the past years.
The breakfast is good and is included in your stay so that really helps if you're in a tight budget.
The staff being front office, manager,(morning, afternoon and night shifts) and even the housekeepers are very nice and eager to help you in what they can.
They make it seem like it is fun to work in this hotel because they are always high spirited.
Rally enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend.

SC
Reviewed February 13, 2009

The room was clean, spacious and a great price for the money we spent. The location is awesome for finding a place to eat, too! If we are driving through Addison again, we will stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison

Been to Comfort Suites North/Galleria? Share your experiences!