“Was disappointed”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Louisiana
“Was disappointed”
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I was optimistic about my stay this last weekend. The hotel was a recommendation from a colleague, so I booked a weekend there for my husband and I. The room was okay (about what you'd expect for a hotel of this class), but on the first day, our room was cleaned and we weren't left any towels. Not an earth shattering occurrence, but when I'm giving an establishment my money, I expect proper service. Additionally, the light cover outside the door fell on my head the second night and it took a whole day for someone to get the broken piece from outside the room. The front desk is dismissive, and the breakfast area is ridiculously crowded in the morning, with no room to move. Overall, I wasn't surprised by any of these circumstances, but I definitely won't give this hotel any more of my business.

• Liked — Proximity to good shopping/restaurants
  • Disliked — Service staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dallas
Reviewed August 30, 2008

I was impressed by the hospitality, the accomadations and the price. I have stayed at this property before, and I was planning another stay in this area, but decided to view some reviews first to see if the quality has changed. The reviews are not very accurate when describing the hotel nor the service. When I called the property to confirm information on their National website, the front desk agent was glad to see that I was a returning guest and was willing to help me find a room tailored to my needs. That was key in my decision to select this hotel. I was impressed by her willingness to assist, she was super friendly and accomadating. Once arriving at the hotel I was greeted by another front desk agent who was also very friendly. Check in time took less then 60 seconds I swear it was awesome. My suite was huge, I had a king size corner jacuzzi suite and I was blown away at the value.If this was a 4 star hotel I would easily pay 3 times as much. The furnishings matched and were in good shape. I had a slight housekeeping problem so I called the front desk, I was greeted by name (I thought only upscale hotels did this) and she said she would get someone down to correct. Once again they were on the ball, less than 60 seconds later housekeeping was at my door and corrected my issue. Then within 10 min the front desk called to make sure the issue was resolved to my satisfaction. (I thought only upscale hotels did this too) The bed has been mentioned in reviews below as being hard, not comfortable, covers too short etc. Well they must read reviews because my bed is perfect, it is comfortable, with a pillowtop, more than enough pillows, and nice linens, not just the cheesy flowery bedspreads. The free breakfast had great variety. I will definitely stay here again. I feel safe in this area. It would be difficult to locate for someone new to this area but CS has put up a huge sign with an arrow directing guests to their property, so they do listen to feedback and I think that is awesome.

• Liked — The size of the suite
  • Disliked — Only a continental breakfast, not a full but its ok...
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bluengold2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights beginning July 24th. After coming to Dallas on an early morning flight, I was pretty sure we wouldn't be able to check in until later in the day, but got our rental car and were off to find the exact location. I decided I might as well stop as ask when the earliest check in time would be. (this was at 9:15 a.m.) Surprisingly, I was told we could check in right then! We were both so happy as we had been up since 3:30 a.m. and really wanted a room to sleep in before heading out in the evening. Our room was a King Suite. The room had a separate sitting area with French doors that separted it from the bed area (King bed). The room was clean. There was a large burn on the carpet in the shape of an iron in the living area and the counter in the bathroom had some dark marks on it that would not come off. Both the carpet and the counter should be replaced in my opinion.
The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast with scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, rolls, muffins, cereal, juice, milk, friut and coffee.
The entrance to the hotel is behind the Chamberlain Fish Market and there is no sign for it on Beltline Road. There is an marked entrance on Arapahoe Rd.
For the price $71 a night this place was a good value and convenient for us to visit our son in Carrollton.

• Liked — early check in, location, complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — iron mark on floor & stains on counter top. location not marked on Beltline Rd.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank marilynm4310
Arkansas
Reviewed May 18, 2008

I loved the location. I have two small children and felt completely safe at this hotel. The facility is an older one and is in need of small repairs. The beds were very comfy, the room size was spacious, and the air worked great. The pool area was perfect for our kids. It was shallow enough where they could play and we could relax and our kids were the only ones in it every time they went swimming. The staff could not have been better and went out of their way to help us. Check in and check out were a breeze The breakfast saved us a ton of money every morning. My family would definately stay here again.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The room was in need of minor repairs
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Addison, Tx
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I live in the Addison area and needed a hotel stay for 1 week. I chose this hotel because it was at a convenient location. The first night there, my son slept on the sofa bed where he fell through the springs mattress because it was poorly in need of replacement. I called roomservice the next morning and they replaced it. Three days later, I left at 10:15 am going to work, I returned at 7:45 pm that night and my room door was open. It looked as though the maids had come in and left the security latch flipped so the door would not close. I walked in and my laptop had been stolen. I called front desk and she told me that the maids had cleaned my room around 5 something but closed the door behind them..ANYWAY, I went downstairs and talked to her. I gave her my cell number and name and asked her to have a manager call me because I had to leave. 2 hours later when I returned receiving no phone call, I asked her why she never called or anything. THEN, out of nowhere, AN OLDER CAUCASIAN gentleman rudely and loudly commented , "WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO, DO YOU WANT ME TO COME OUT OF MY POCKET AND PAY FOR YOUR LAPTOP. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS. OUR MAIDS LOCKED THE DOOR BEHIND THEM WHEN THEY LEFT YOUR ROOM". He was very dispectful and rude. After an hour had passed and police report being filed, my Fiance' came and asked me what happened and we went back down stairs. The guy at the front desk spoke to us using Racial slurs and would not call the manager or anything.. ...I would advise everyone wanting to stay here to find somewhere else to stay. The price may be cheap, but you get what you pay for. The district manager was no help to the us. I called the hotel the day after this happened and spoke to another desk clerk. She advised me that they manually input the time in and out of the keycard use to the rooms..With this being said, They manually inputed the times that I told them to make it look legit AND I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE SOME ENTRIES TO MY ROOM WERE NOT DOCUMENTED...THEY USED THE TIMES THAT I GAVE THEM AND WHAT THE MAIDS LOGGED ON THEIR SHHETS....I'm pretty sure the rude workers still work there . Also, I will not have my laptop replaced by this hotel because by they did not have insurance coverage....WHAT A SURPRISE.. Oh, the district manager says they provide safe deposit boxes for jewelry only...GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS THAT AREN'T JEWELRY....

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — customer service ragedy mattress and sofa beds
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Norman,OK
Reviewed September 19, 2007

The place is in serious need of a renovation. Everything is rundown. I didn't want to move an inch in the bed I slept in because the matress cover didnt cover the whole bed. There are many stains in my room and all over the halls of the hotel. The best part about my stay was that the internet was fast. I feared for my safety because when I lost my car donce, the girl up front didn't ask to see an I.D. or anything before handing me a new one. The bath towels had stains on them. There were tears in the carpet and even a hole in the wall behind the door. I did like how the t.v. had many channels.

I could hear people running and walking on the floor above me every night of my stay until 3 in the morning. The rooms are large, which is a plus but that doesn't make up for how gross this place is. Does this place have a manager? Has he or she ever seen the inside of the rooms? Is this place on such a tight budget that the owners can not replace the carpet or fix the holes in the walls?

Bad hotel- no good. You would be better off almost anywhere else in Dallas.

• Liked — Fast Internet Access
  • Disliked — Dirty, run-down place
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank rbaron721
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2006

Totally less than average in every way except the location, is my description of the Comfort Suites Addison. The rooms and corridors were not vacuumed well, sheets not long enough for beds and scratchy, pool not useable due to over chlorination.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member