“My family loved it”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Arkansas
“My family loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

I loved the location. I have two small children and felt completely safe at this hotel. The facility is an older one and is in need of small repairs. The beds were very comfy, the room size was spacious, and the air worked great. The pool area was perfect for our kids. It was shallow enough where they could play and we could relax and our kids were the only ones in it every time they went swimming. The staff could not have been better and went out of their way to help us. Check in and check out were a breeze The breakfast saved us a ton of money every morning. My family would definately stay here again.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The room was in need of minor repairs
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Addison, Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

I live in the Addison area and needed a hotel stay for 1 week. I chose this hotel because it was at a convenient location. The first night there, my son slept on the sofa bed where he fell through the springs mattress because it was poorly in need of replacement. I called roomservice the next morning and they replaced it. Three days later, I left at 10:15 am going to work, I returned at 7:45 pm that night and my room door was open. It looked as though the maids had come in and left the security latch flipped so the door would not close. I walked in and my laptop had been stolen. I called front desk and she told me that the maids had cleaned my room around 5 something but closed the door behind them..ANYWAY, I went downstairs and talked to her. I gave her my cell number and name and asked her to have a manager call me because I had to leave. 2 hours later when I returned receiving no phone call, I asked her why she never called or anything. THEN, out of nowhere, AN OLDER CAUCASIAN gentleman rudely and loudly commented , "WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO, DO YOU WANT ME TO COME OUT OF MY POCKET AND PAY FOR YOUR LAPTOP. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS. OUR MAIDS LOCKED THE DOOR BEHIND THEM WHEN THEY LEFT YOUR ROOM". He was very dispectful and rude. After an hour had passed and police report being filed, my Fiance' came and asked me what happened and we went back down stairs. The guy at the front desk spoke to us using Racial slurs and would not call the manager or anything.. ...I would advise everyone wanting to stay here to find somewhere else to stay. The price may be cheap, but you get what you pay for. The district manager was no help to the us. I called the hotel the day after this happened and spoke to another desk clerk. She advised me that they manually input the time in and out of the keycard use to the rooms..With this being said, They manually inputed the times that I told them to make it look legit AND I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE SOME ENTRIES TO MY ROOM WERE NOT DOCUMENTED...THEY USED THE TIMES THAT I GAVE THEM AND WHAT THE MAIDS LOGGED ON THEIR SHHETS....I'm pretty sure the rude workers still work there . Also, I will not have my laptop replaced by this hotel because by they did not have insurance coverage....WHAT A SURPRISE.. Oh, the district manager says they provide safe deposit boxes for jewelry only...GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PERSONAL ITEMS THAT AREN'T JEWELRY....

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — customer service ragedy mattress and sofa beds
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Norman,OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

The place is in serious need of a renovation. Everything is rundown. I didn't want to move an inch in the bed I slept in because the matress cover didnt cover the whole bed. There are many stains in my room and all over the halls of the hotel. The best part about my stay was that the internet was fast. I feared for my safety because when I lost my car donce, the girl up front didn't ask to see an I.D. or anything before handing me a new one. The bath towels had stains on them. There were tears in the carpet and even a hole in the wall behind the door. I did like how the t.v. had many channels.

I could hear people running and walking on the floor above me every night of my stay until 3 in the morning. The rooms are large, which is a plus but that doesn't make up for how gross this place is. Does this place have a manager? Has he or she ever seen the inside of the rooms? Is this place on such a tight budget that the owners can not replace the carpet or fix the holes in the walls?

Bad hotel- no good. You would be better off almost anywhere else in Dallas.

• Liked — Fast Internet Access
  • Disliked — Dirty, run-down place
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rbaron721
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2006

Totally less than average in every way except the location, is my description of the Comfort Suites Addison. The rooms and corridors were not vacuumed well, sheets not long enough for beds and scratchy, pool not useable due to over chlorination.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Henderson Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2006

First 2 times staying here was good, loved the location near all the resturants. 3rd time, the sheets on the bottom of the bed didn't cover the bedpad and it was rough material on your feet. Roaches in the bathroom, plus when the air conditioner kicked on at all hours of the night, it was very loud and would wake you from a sound sleep. Will try another place next time.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank Debbies48
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2005

My friends and I came up for a flag football tournament in Dallas on April 8th. The first bad sign was the location. Despite it saying it's on 4555 Beltline, the hotel is actually hidden far behind the street and we had to call in order to locate it. The second bad sign was the door which the key would not open. After three visits to the front desk, we got through using the joining door between the two rooms we booked. The third bad sign was the smell of the room. We had booked two non-smoking rooms, but both rooms were reaked of cigarettes smell. The manager insisted they were non-smoking and did not offer any explanations or room change. It was not worth to save the extra 20 bucks. My teammates and I checked out the next day and moved to the Homewood Suites by Hilton right in front and had an awesome night. I did appreciate the manager for allowing us to get our refund for the night we did not stay.

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank LoloBud
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2005

My son and I travel to Dallas every other month to go to the hospital there. We have tried staying at many hotels and this one is the best for the price. We are always treated wonderful!!! Rooms are great and service is wonderful. Everytime I decide to stay closer to the hospital, I am very disappointed. I have vowed to my son that from now on we will not try any other hotels. Get job Comfort in of Addison. Thanks alot

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Addison Galleria Hotel
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Hampton Inn Dallas / Addison

Been to Comfort Suites North/Galleria? Share your experiences!