“Almost perfect”

Comfort Suites North/Galleria
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Addison
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night and felt the hotel had great curb appeal. I stayed in a King suite and loved the set-up with French doors separating the bedroom from the living area. My room had a mini fridge and microwave as well and 2 32" flat screen TV's. The bathroom tile next to the tub looked like it had not been finished. The tile also looked dirty. I was disappointed to find dirty towels on the floor of the closet. With a few adjustments in fine tuning the tile and ensuring a thorough cleaning, this hotel stay would have been perfect.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mickey2go
comfortsuitesaddison, General Manager at Comfort Suites North/Galleria, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for your review and helpful feedback. I certainly apologize for the Maintenance and Housekeeping errors that seemed to have occurred upon your arrival. I have reviewed all of your comments with my Housekeeping and Maintenance teams and we have taken steps to ensure that this does not happen again.
Overall I am happy you were pleased with our hotel and I hope to welcome you back to us in the near future. Please feel free reaching out to me directly prior to your next visit so I may assist with your reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kansas
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We chose this hotel chain based on the show "Undercover Boss," and we chose the city based on previous Trip Advisor reviews of this specific hotel. We were extremely happy with the service, the quality of the rooms, the great breakfast (biscuits and gravy, bacon, ham, eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, milk) and even the very friendly guests! The rooms were very updated, the beds were ultra comfortable, the bathrooms were spotless, and the staff made sure we had everything. The TVs were new and had multiple channels. We even had a living room with an extra TV, refrigerator, microwave and sink, for the price of a regular room! We saw the hotel photos in ChoiceHotels.com, but booked by phone with a very friendly person. We had never been to Addison, TX, and we were very impressed with the whole big town luxuries they offered (restaurants & shopping) and the small town friendliness! The hotel is conveniently placed in the middle of all the attractions. It was also very easy to walk to a variety of restaurants. This Comfort Suites at Addison was only 22 minutes away from the Dallas Museum of Art, the stadium was about 30 minutes away and family entertainment with Go-Kartz was only 14 minutes away. They even had a computer in the business center we could use to find more attractions in the area. We have stayed at 5 star hotels in North America, and we have never experienced such friendly front desk and maid service. We even had a request on a Sunday night very late, and we had the item delivered the very next morning. You will find this great hotel right behind "Chamberlain's Fish Market Grill" on Beltline Road.

Room Tip: Call the 800 number found on the choicehotels.com website after you have seen the room you want.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gabrielaanddavi... J
Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I'd give the hotel an overall 5 stars but opted for 4 stars due to some minor over sites. I've stayed here at this location on 2 previous occasions and have never had a problem. It is confusing to locate, but a quick phone call to the helpful people at the front desk will get you there.

I'm guessing that during the last remodel they were in a hurry. The baseboard tile in the bathroom was completely missing behind the door and was bare concrete. Also, in the bedroom beside the door there was about a 1 inch strip from floor to ceiling that didn't get painted beside the French doors.

The room was clean, well stocked and everything was in working order. As usual, the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is close to all the fine dining Addison has to offer along Beltline. The breakfast was great! Ham, eggs, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit and all the other breakfast stuff. I love this hotel. By far the best Comfort Suites I've stayed at. Hopefully the management will read my review and investigate the oversights mentioned.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank TXGlobeTrotter
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Spent 3 days here breakfast was delicious rooms were decently clean with minor issues like lamp shade had a small tear and a piece of toilet paper crumpled up under table in bathroom (used? No clue didn't look but didn't notice till 3rd day very sure it wasn't ours). Ac didn't seem to get as cold as we wish but we had a second floor room so maybe that was part of the problem. Staff was friendly and really had no issues.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Eddie903
Weimar, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. It was a decent hotel to stay as we ventured around the area. The staff and breakfast was great. But, It was hard to find at first. My biggest concern was that we left some items in the room and I called them after we returned home (4 1/2 hours away) to see if they can ship it back to us. I left a credit card number so that they can fed ex our items back to us. It has been almost two weeks and we still have not received them. I have called several times to follow up. I've had mixed answers when I called. Once, it was there, next it was gone, next it was still there. As of July 12, they said it would be shipped out by the 13th. I'm hoping we get them by this week.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuitesaddison, General Manager at Comfort Suites North/Galleria, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Mr. Silcox, Thank you so much for staying with us. I know it can be a little tricky locating us, due to zoning we are unable put a sign on the main street. I am pleased to let you know that Erika my Front Desk Manager shipped your item to you on July 13th and should arrive to your address by July 18th, I have a tracking confirmation if you call the hotel I can give that to you. I am so sorry for the confusion on getting your things back to you. I keep all lost and found items locked in my office to assure that they remain safe. Once again I apologize for the delay and I thank you for bring this to my attention. I would love to speak with you about refunding you the shipping cost due to the amount of time it took to get back to you.
Wortham, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I just spent last night at the Comfort Suites in AddisonTX and it was a great experience! Flat screen tv's, kitchenette area, French doors between the bedroom and living area all made it like home. The staff are by far the most accommodating people I have encountered!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This property has it's wrinkles to be sure. It's older and the upgrades are coming around slowly but surely. Rooms are very generous in size and everything worked to my satisfaction. Comfortable bed and the shower pressure was good.

Breakfast isn't my thing but a very well designed and stocked offering each and every day.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel gets the afternoon sun. If that bothers you than ask for the airport facing side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Suites North/Galleria, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. I appreciate your comments and truly hope that you come and see us again soon. Renovations are coming along. We are installing all new flat screen TVs and are working on the new tile in the bathrooms. It's a slow process...but worth it. I always want the very best for my guest! Thanks Bunches BooRadleyR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive

Been to Comfort Suites North/Galleria? Share your experiences!