“Expected better”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
“Expected better”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three days and was ready to leave. The hotel is difficult to find, no signs on Beltline Rd, it sits on the backside of Macaroni Grill. First Impression was trash laying out front of the doors. Lobby was nice, staff was pleasant. The elevator has a horrible smell along with dated and worn out carpet. There is only one elevator and it is very small. The hallways are nice.

The suite is really just an overisized regular room, there is a small living area with no tv and a dated couch and scratched up furniture. We found a black banana behind the curtains, looked like it had been there for days, also found several pieces of cany under the table. Its obvious that the cleaning staff need to pay better atttention. The bathroom is tiny, the door almost hits the toilet (smallest bathroom ive seen in a hotel) there were black mold spots all over the bathroom ceiling and peeling paint.

The beds are hard and the pillows are small. Dont plan on sleeping, you can hear everything going on in the rooms above you, i was able to hear every movment from room above us, and we had broght our own fan for noise.

The pool area is very plain, smells like moldly stale air. There is no longer a hot tub and green residue all around the perimiter of the pool. The door to the patio area was broken so you could not go outside

For what i paid, ive stayed in better, my advise, go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anthony P
, General Manager at Comfort Suites North/Galleria, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Anthony,
First and foremost I want to apologize for your unpleasant stay with us. I would truly like to speak with you regarding this. I am extremely curious as to what room you stayed in because all of our King Suites have 2 TV’s with a wall and French doors that divide the bedroom from the living room. The rooms with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper are large rooms with no private divider and 1 TV. Our hotel was renovated a year ago. All of the lighting, beds, granite, pillows, linens, counter tops, tubs, furniture and flat panel TV’s are new. As for the hotel being difficult to find I do agree, due to zoning Addison does not allow us to put a sign out on Beltline Road but we do make guest aware during the reservation call and it is posted on our website that we sit directly behind the Romano’s Macaroni Grill. . I wish you had brought your concerns to our staff’s attention so during your stay we could have taken care of any problems.
Our entire staff works hard to provide all of our guest with an enjoyable stay. I truly regret your experience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to earn your trust.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 18 days I could not ask anymore from the staff they where GREAT!! It is well kept always cleanded and HUGE ROOMS!! I would reccomend this room to anyone at any time. Management is by far the best!! STAY HERE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cory,
Thank you so much for staying with us. We enjoyed having your family here and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and could not have been happier. The rooms are huge and spotless and are excellent for the business traveler. And the bed was fabulous!!!

The desk staff was friendly and helpful and even the house cleaning staff spoke and wished me a good day. Furthermore, breakfast was a "real" breakfast complete with eggs, biscuits, gravy, etc. I travel a LOT for business and will absolutely stay in this hotel again if I am anywhere near it. Not only was the experience superior to most hotels but the pricing was extremely sharp. This is definitely one of the best values on the north side of Dallas. Enjoy your stay!

Rob G - Houston, TX

Room Tip: The king suite is fabulous if you are looking for a king.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert G
Dear Robert,
Thanks for the great review of your stay at Comfort Suites . I was so pleased that my staff and our property made such a positive impression on you. I appreciate the amount of detail you went into as well so other trip advisor readers can get a great sense of what we are about.
I hope when you come back to Addison, you choose The Addison Comfort Suites.

Many Thanks,
Cala Montano
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The service was excellent. I left my computer power cord in my room and they shipped it to me. The staff was very friendly. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Somewhere, USA
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed here for several nights on a trip. It was your average Comfort Inn. While we appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, and the general size of the room was nice, there were many downsides. The bathroom water is very loud - you can hear the flushing and showers of those above you through the night. Sounds traveled easily - we likely had a family with kids above us. They are pretty tight on towels and we had to keep asking for more. Breakfast was adequate mostly, though we had to ask to have things replenished - they were always running out of coffee and other items. We enjoyed the coffee available in the lobby, also. Overall it was a decent place to stay in a good area, near lots of restaurants in shops. However, I don't think we're likely to stay there again as the biggest downside was the beds - very uncomfortable and woke up with back pain each day.

Room Tip: get a room on the top floor, if you can, so as to not hear people stomping and flushing above you.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank savin4morefamily
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 2 days when we went to my cousin's wedding in Texas. The rooms are very clean and the tv is kind of tiny, but otherwise, I loved the place! The hotel staff was nice, and everyone at the desk were very nice and willing to answer questions that I had. The breakfast was good too! And the wifi was speedy which was definitely a plus. I would stay here again if I ever came back to Arlington!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara M
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were in Dallas for a couple of nights, and since we needed to be in Arlington the second night , I reserved this room because of the great price, and because we stay at Comfort Suites most of the time when we travel. We arrived earlier than anticipated, and were planning to just get directions for going to Fort Worth for the afternoon. But, the young lady at the desk said if we did not mind having a room without french doors, we could check in right away. This was especially nice, since we could freshen up a bit before heading out.

The room was huge, clean, quiet, and comfortable. We really liked the decor, and the only thing that was not super was the room was a bit dark, even with all lights on. We did not need to have much light anyway, so it was very nice. Breakfast was good, with several choices, and the area was large enough to feel uncrowded. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Seniorcoupleluvtogo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
Best Western Plus Addison Galleria Hotel
Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Addison Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive

Been to Comfort Suites North/Galleria? Share your experiences!