“Failed to launder my clothes in time for business meeting”

Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Addison
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Gave them my laundry one evening. When it was not returned by 8:30 pm the next evening I went to front desk. It had not been sent to the cleaners and I needed it for meetings the next morning. Management knew it had missed the morning pick up and had done nothing to make it right.
No adequate explanation, no effort to get it done, no communication, no accountability by management, no compensation (not that it would help my situation), no handover from shift to shift.
The single front desk clerk did not know the name of the manager.
I tried this hotel as a cheaper, better (with kitchen etc) alternative to the local Marriott. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceInnAddison, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Burro_racer,

I wanted to first Thank you for submitting this comment and bringing this issue to our attention. Here at the Residence inn Addison it is never our intention to provide less than excellent service. I wanted to sincerely apologize about your dry cleaning. I would love to discuss this further and be given the opportunity to rectify the situation. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
Residence inn by Marriott
addisonagm@ih-corp.com
(972)866-9933

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a great experience during my stay at the residence inn hotel.
great service and great hospitality.
i was also randomly won the "Guest of the day" thing that really made my day!
i highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: im not sure about that but my room was just above the parking lot and i had no noise from it or some...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Ishay W,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear you were selected in our fantastic program as the "Guest of the Day" and we look forward to your next visit.

Thank you.
Residence inn by Marriott

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel has been my home away from home every month for nearly a year. This hotel used to be solid in every way. However, the last two times I have stayed there it is not the same. I don't know if management changed or what? The social hour is terrible. Really? Chicken tenders, corn dogs, and the same left over chips and pasta salad every night of the week. The food doesn't follow the calendar on the fridge door. This is the second time I stayed and my toilets didn't work. Also, the front desk clerk commented that my last name didn't match my ethnicity and when my husband showed up he said "Oh! that explains it". This is very disappointing to me. I loved this hotel. I love Marriott but I am going to have to switch to either another Res. Inn or go to Homewood Suites in Plano on George Bush.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceInnAddison, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Carmen D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience, we truly appreciate your feedback. Based on your comments, we have already put steps in place to evaluate our evening offerings. Your continued confidence in choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Addison for your future trips to the area are extremely important to us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and give you a better impression.

With our most sincere regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a 2 br. suite. i used our Marriott reward membership and go an upgrade. It was be4autiful. Our daughter stayed with us, and we ord3ered in food. There were plenty of dishes for 4 of us, and we enjoyed the place and will go back.

Room Tip: get a Marriott membership
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnAddison, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Sandisan,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the great amenities like our Two Bedroom Suites and our fully equipped kitchens. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dallas again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was greeted by an overwhelmingly cheerful staff, not just the front desk person, but EVERYONE was so nice. Kudos to the management, you must be doing something right, because it is very obvious that these people enjoy their job.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite with sofabed was perfect for our little family.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Elizabeth C,

Thank so much for your kind words. We do get a kick out of taking care of our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the added space that our Two Bedroom Suites provide. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Dallas again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

First of all the check in was great and courteous. The next morning, not so much. I went to the breakfast area and asked a VERY simple question of the breakfast attendant. It was "do you have Tabasco?" She did not speak English and turned immediately to a manager that was in another conversation, who rightly, but annoyingly blew me off. The way she did it was frankly annoying, but most of all, why doesn't (I am assuming) someone from Mexico have no idea what Tabasco is?? It is a state in Mexico and is pretty recognized all over. If you cannot hire a breakfast attendant that does not understand a pretty basic and normal question, then expect a crap review. One of the reasons that you spend a single night in a Residence Inn is the size of the room and/or the decent free breakfast in the morning. The latter being a hassle, puts this right in line with the Springhill across the road, The Springhill across the road is a lot less money and I feel real silly for straying from it. I will not make the same mistake again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnAddison, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Mr. TravelerfromArizona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We always appreciate any and all feedback that can help make us a better hotel. I was sorry to hear about your bad experience during breakfast, it is never our intention to provide a less than satisfactory experience. If you feel you would like to discuss this matter further I welcome you to call\email me at your convenience. Again, Thank for submitting a review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

With sincere greeting from Dallas,

addisonagm@ih-corp.com

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Can't wait to go back! Staff was great, rooms were perfect, complimentary food, beer & wine was a treat! Very impressed with management when he came out to greet us and made us feel at home. All staff made our stay very pleasant, they were all very sweet, kind and funny. We were so impressed. The pool and gym areas were very clean! Loved that!! Wanted to stay an extra day because we enjoyed it so much, however our schedules did not permit it:( but will definitely go back soon!! Thank you Addison for a great and comfortable stay!! It was our first visit but will not be our last!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jennifer C

Dear Jennifer C,

We are all so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn Dallas/Addison. Our goal is always to strive for the best possible stay for our guests. We welcome you back anytime to enjoy in our complimentary breakfast and Social hour. Thank you again for your kind words.

All the Best,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Midway
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
HYATT house Dallas/Addison
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Addison

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive? Share your experiences!