“Relax, have fun and enjoy!”
Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Ranked #39 of 204 Restaurants in Addison
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Luv luv this place for a casual night out with no frills but good food and a nice selection of beer and decent selection for wine.

Flying Fish is a place as soon as you walk up to it you know it is going to be fun. It has indoor eating but the best to me is the expansive outdoor eating. All the outdoor tables have large umbrellas over them and in the evening the entire outdoor area is in the shade so usually the slightest breeze really makes it feel comfortable and not hot.

When you walk in you go up to a cash register to put in your order. The menu is hand written just above your head so don't forget to look up. When your order is made they give you a "flasher/vibrator", your drinks and you just go find a table and wait for your flasher/vibrator to go.

This place is a really good place for groups or if you want to have a casual meeting. I recommend the shrimp poor boy and if you want it spicy tell them to "make it snappy". Also, make sure you have a look at the "Meow Mix Combos". The seafood is always good here.

Relax, have fun and enjoy!! OH, don't forget to have a look at all the mounted fish on the walls inside!

1  Thank Kwan G

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Looking for some good fried seafood? This is the place.
Flying fish has some of the best breading around. It's never soggy & there's just the right amount so you can still taste what's under it. They could improve their fries but after eating your fried shrimp, catfish, or whatever & your delicious hush puppies the fries are the last thing on your mind.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a resturant that is close to where I work. The food is good and the service is o.k. The room is nice. They have outdoor seating. It would be nice if they had more to choose from on the menue.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Had the catfish and shrimp basket had trouble finishing it. My wife had the soft talapia tacos to much for one person. Had the food in forth worth now here can't tell the difference

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been a regular for quite some time at this location. I decided to call in today around 3:35pm to order a pick-up. I asked to get the usual, fried cat fish with soft tacos, something they've always accommodated for. Today, the girl tells me that they aren't allowing this anymore, but she'll let me do it again for the last time today. I hung up because this is so ridiculous. As a paying customer, I should be able to order a fish taco any way I like it. I'm willing to pay extra, but I don't see what the issue could be with putting fried cat fish into a soft taco instead of a brittle, hard taco that breaks as soon as I bite into it. I would love an explanation from corporate because as of now, I won't order from the Flying Fish again.

2  Thank Nikki S

Been to Flying Fish? Share your experiences!