“twice visited there and back!”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Abilene
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“twice visited there and back!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great little older hotel.... booked on line an hour as we were travelling across country.... Booking was screwed up by Expedia... Note this is not the first time this has happened to me by the system screwing up the dates booked! One was for an airline ticket! Anyway, Duty Manager tried to sort it out via phone while we were still travelling. I ended up having to call them, and work it out, but great service by the duty manager. Great price on line no issues with any xtras.
Breakfast! Hmm first visit it was all rather cool, but on our second visit great! :-)
Would stay again, hence we used it on our way home :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ecossearthur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The manager was rude when we got there telling us that we had to pay 10$ extra per kid per night when I specifically had them on the reservation, because I requested a crib but they didn't have any when we checked in but when I called to make the reservation I was told one would be put in our room. Then we got into the room and the bed spreads were stained and ripped. The manager told us that my niece who was with us just till we dropped her off that she was never allowed in our room. Then at breakfast my daughter (21months) was eating some bread and I was yelled at across the lobby that she couldn't take anything with her. She was eating it while we walked. It was dry bread.....no jelly to make a mess just bread. The tub was dirty and moldy as well never stay if you have a family, just use your extra 10$ a night and get a better room.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kim G

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

panhandle, texas
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

It was good for over night stay. I would not recomend for a long weekend. Their morning breakfast is by far the best I've had at a hotel though. The room needs some tending too. All staff seems friendly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fanofthewest
Near Dallas Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Pros: nice cooked to order breakfast
Manager or owner was very friendly and wanted to please
Tootsie Rolls in the lobby candy bowl
Inexpensive

Cons: room was overall dark and not as clean as I expect in a hotel. (Carpet spotted, bathroom tile grout discolored, grungy rusty ring around the sink drain, paint and fixtures "tired. ")
Most of the lamps in the room were unplugged. When I moved the bed to get to the outlet (which I found with the aid of my flashlight app), the outlet cover was missing. Hmm.
The A/C cooled well, but made an irritating popping sound for a minute or two every time it shut off. That would have been less of a problem if the unit had a continuous fan mode to mask the noise, but it didn't, so that woke me up about every half hour.
Housekeeping came by at about 10:30 am asking when we would be out of the room. The sign on the back of the door stated that checkout time was noon, and I told her we would be out by noon. Soon after, the front desk clerk called and said checkout time was 11am. If we wanted to check out after that, we could, but for an additional twenty dollar charge. I told her the sign on the door said noon, and we would be out by then, but I was not willing to pay for the additional time. She said the sign on the door was from when it was a different hotel chain and it should have been changed, but the sign itself said Country Hearth Inn. Anyway, we left a few minutes before noon without an additional charge, but it was an unnecessary and unpleasant hassle.
Like so many hotels with smoking and nonsmoking areas, even though our entire hall had non smoking signs on the doors, the hallways smelled smoky.

Overall, I felt safe enough staying here. I would definitely call this hotel "working class." The personnel seemed to be trying hard to make the stay pleasant, and even with the squabble over checkout time, the clerk relented pretty easily.

As far as staying again, I'd say you get what you pay for out of this somewhat lower priced hotel. If you can put up with a little grunge for saving about $25 or $30 from some of the nearby chains, then go for it.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank DrMomma
Heath
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Room clean and very adequate for the price. Outstanding breakfast included for two people. Internet worked well in the front rooms, not so good in rear rooms, where I stayed previously. Service excellent. Pool and courtyard fantastic. Shower lacked sufficient hot water, but everything else very comfortable.

Room Tip: Explained above.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank CyberCritic
McDade, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a reservation using Hotels.com for a few days in Abilene. Booking was fine and Hotels.com was great.

The problem began upon check in. We checked in at the front desk and went to the room.
It was totally unsatisfactory, not clean and certainly not as advertised. It was bad enough that we went back down to the desk and checked out within the hour.

But wait there's more!
I have been charged by the hotel for all 3 days! We were told a refund would be coming but here we are 2 weeks later and nothing.

Better still, my wife called about the issue today and the hotel manager Amanda hung up on her AND the Hotels.com representative.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!
Poor rooms
unclean
and awful customer service

Room Tip: Pick someplace else!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I will be a realist and tell it how I seen it while on our 2 night stay. Firstly let's start with the pros. Low prices compared to a lot of the hotels in the area. The GM Ish has to be the hardest working man I have seen in a long time, he was working all hours of the morning day and night. He was also very helpful. The staff that we came in contact with were kind and helpful. We entered the room that was clean, our bed was very comfy, the microwave and microfridge were convient. They just cleaned our carpets, the floors were still slightly moist and you could smell the cleanliness. There was a nice 32 inch flat screen tv. They give 2 ply toilet paper. There were no chips or stains in our bathroom. We rented a handicapped room and the shower was convient and clean. It also had a shower chair. The breakfast was great, not only hot, but eggs are made to order. It also had a great selection. The pool area was nice with a covered patio. The hotel is pet friendly for a low charge.

The cons- Not many that made the stay uncomfortable. The bed was a little high for my husband to transfer into easy. He is in a wheelchair. Our
bathroom faucet was loud when you turned on the cold water on the sink. They could use a door stopper to protect the wall from damage.

The Thai restraunt next door offered great food for a reasonable price. The owner was also very nice. I would give them 5 stars simply for the food and kindness.

The lounge next door to that was fair. The night bartender was rude, nor a good one. If she worked for my bar she may be out of a job.

All in all this place was nice and we would stay there again if in the area again. Im not sure where these people were staying with all the negitive reviews. It does not look, nor smell as some of these reviews portray. It is above standards especially for the price.

• Stayed June 2013