“Value compared to the others”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Abilene
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Working long term in Abilene area. Stayed at a couple others before I came here. For my needs this was it. It is a older place but my room had a new pillow top mattress and was real comfortable to me. Room was newly painted. The carpet in my room new also. The breakfast was better than any of the more expensive places that I stayed and the manager did everything I needed to make me at home. I would stay here again whenever work brings me within driving distance.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Kevprichard
There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn & Suites Abilene

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I don't know if these people came in late at night and left early, unless this was a few yrs ago, because it is very run down, needs new carpeting, also on the stairs. Curtain falling off the bar.
Windows had bad stains, items had been torn off and not cleaned up. I have stayed in alot of hotels in my travels and this was one of the worst. Motel 6 and Motel 8's have been better.

Room Tip: Don't know about any others...............
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DeborahO228
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My company chose this place due to location and I'm sure price. Well I certainly hope they got a cheap price. The people are friendly. The bathroom was clean, but I doubt that my 6'4" son-in-law could stand in the shower. I'm 5'2" and could touch the ceiling there. Speaking of shower, lots of water pressure (yay) but it kept shifting from too hot to too cold (boo) without my touching it.

The bed was comfortable with clean white sheets. The white comforter on top needed a sheet over it so my skin wouldn't be subject to other people's germs, etc.

All of the furniture was old, scuffed badly and in disrepair (see pics). Every lamp shade had something broken. The carpet was ripped badly at the door and was the kind if you walked on it barefoot, when you stepped into the shower, the water would turn black from the dirt and chemicals on the carpet. The room door also showed evidence of having someone try to break in.

The rear doors to the building are supposed to require a key. One of those doors wouldn't even close and the other one seemed to have a broken lock. It seemed safety was NOT something of high importance!

I'm thankful we were only there for one night of sleep. This place really needs updating and thorough cleaning. The edges of the rooms all had built up dust that you could smell as you walked into the room. It was a very nice Hitachi flat screen tv. Too bad it was hung improperly so it only tilted down!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stopped here one night on our way to Arizona. The hotel is beautiful, clean and quiet. They do allow pets but charge for them. The breakfast was wonderful and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. Unlike some hotel chains, this hotel had a full time staff cleaning and replenishing the breakfast offerings. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sandi N
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have been to this Inn each time we go to Abilene and this time it exceeded any other time! New mattresses which made me sleep like a baby. Clean smelling. Bathroom was a bit dirty around the edges but the place is old and I believe it was just that reason. The breakfast was AWESOME! Everything you would want. I had yogurt, fruit, lots of it, oatmeal, and a bagel. Eggs are cooked to order and a buffet of so much more! If you leave hungry it is your own fault!! I recommend this place to anyone. WE WILL GO BACK AGAIN!!! He does need to remember to "TURN THE LIGHTS ON"...we had to circle around again and again in the dark, forgot exactly the location. No GPS in our car.

Room Tip: Ask for it!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sunsetsandroses
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute through Priceline's "Express Deals." Big mistake. Priceline usually gives me great deals in rooms when I'm booking at the last minute and so when I saw 2.5 for $47 I thought great! When they revealed hotel after booking I knew it was not going to be a pleasant stay but still was hopeful. This is most definitely not a hotel I would have chosen to stay at. Even my husband who never cares about where we book was surprised at the room. Check in was a headache but I blame Priceline since they had not forwarded our reservations (made a week in advance) to the hotel. After about 15 minutes we were moving into our room. Right away we noticed a musky smell....took care if it with air freshener. Blackout curtains had no sheath so we left closed. I've read reviews of flat screen Tvs and such. We have an old box tv with one if those open/close tv centers. AC unit was annoying. The "on" setting which we use to drown out noise would not work, only the "auto" setting so it was going on and off all night. The toilet seat is old and chipped. I don't understand why that hasn't easily been replaced. My son was scared to sit on it and he is 3. A few light bulbs were out but that was remedied the same night by the very polite and accomodating girl at the front desk. Manager was very nice as well. No complaints about staff as they were all accommodating. Hotel just needs a ton of rennovating to be 2.5 stars. Or maybe we just were unlucky and got an old room. Wifi is extremely slow to non existent. Breakfast was ok. The omelette bar/waffle bar was great and they had a huge selection of items at the breakfast bar. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again and probably won't be using the express deal rate when staying in Abilene again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank BostonDaisy24
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Booked on Priceline as a 2 1/2 star hotel. Far from what you would expect. Check in was easy. Walking down hallway to room, the hall smells badly. Entered the decent sized room. Beds comfy and clean. Furniture needs done repairs. This hotel would do nicely just to do some painting in the rooms. Stains and things stuck to the walls. Bathroom is alright. A/C was noisy coming on and off all night. Hotel was quiet and outside noise wasn't a problem. The bright spot was breakfast. So many choices, cook to order eggs, waffles and omelette. Delicious. Check out easy. It served our purpose, but not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012