“OK Stay”

La Quinta Inn Abilene
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A buddy and I were on a short motorcycle trip from Dallas to Sweetwater for the Sweetwater Rattle Snake Round up. Neither of us had ever attended before. We wanted two rooms. Each room was a King so there was plenty of room and three chairs with a table.
This location was a bit cheaper than Sweetwater and we could cancel up to 1800 hours the day of the reservations if we did not need the rooms for a second night. Basically we could not cancel in Sweetwater. Since it was a short ride, 40 miles, to Sweetwater this was good.
La Quinta is usually at least a good stay and this one was right in line. It wasn't anything like WOW but good. The rooms were clean, staff friendly, easy to get too, ice machine worked, but no refrig or microwave. OK with us. A Denny's is in the parking lot with two gas stations very close. Though too cold to swim the pool was clean for early March. It almost gets an average since there was no refrig or micrw and some people expect these. I'll go with VG because of location, comfort, and cleanliness.

Room Tip: If you aren't familiar with the area read some reviews. Check a map for the location, it may be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank leroys73

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here on 2/7/2013. It was fine - a slightly older La Quinta hotel so the bathrooms are a bit smaller than some of the newer ones. People were friendly, room was clean, breakfast was the normal offering. The bed was very comfortable - pillow top king size. I had asked for a quiet room and it was (off the street side). Very pleased w/our stay here. There is a Denny's restaurant located right in front and we ate there for a quick meal and all went well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BellsOne
North Richland Hills, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Lobby and rooms are clean. Front desk were polite and accommodated specific room request. We have tried other places within this price range and this one is great for the price. We stay here everytime we come to Abilene. Just wish they had bigger coffee cups.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Odessa, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I travel frequently on business, and whenever I am in the Abilene area, this motel is my preferred stopover. The quality of service and accommodation is consistently good. The rooms are a reasonable size, and clean. The wi-fi worked well; this is important for my end-of-day emails. The bright side breakfast was adequate, for a big man who enjoys a full hot breakfast which only a few hotels offer. As usual, reception was super friendly. At the senior's rate, I paid around $70 with taxes added for a room with two double beds. Excellent value. I rate this motel highly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Room was very clean and beds comfortable. Nice Wi-Fi and desk. The staff was really nice and they even changed my room rate due to a mix-up at check-in. Good breakfast, fresh fruit, muffins, coffee, juice, waffles. There is easy access off the highway (I-20) and easy to get in town as well.
I will stay there again when visiting Abilene.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night and we were very dissatisfied. Toilet seat was dirty, towels were
Completely worn out you could almost see through them. the only thing that was decent was the bed. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Olathe, Kansas, USA
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very professional, helpful: customer service was excellent. Staff went out their way to make sure I had a pot of coffee at 5:00 am before I departed. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo