“Bad Internet, OK for everything else”

Holiday Inn Express Abilene
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Kansas City, Missouri
“Bad Internet, OK for everything else”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I was so frustrated trying to get work done with a poor connection. The rest of the stay was typical HI Express. The staff was nice and the outdoor pool was about twice the size of what is normal for a Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast was right off the standard formula for this chain. So if you don't need internet this one is ok, but if you need a good connection my advice is go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
STOKE ON TRENT
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Booked this hotel as part of our ‘road trip’ across the USA and very glad we did. The hotel and its staff are warm and friendly. The rooms are very comfortable and you will get a good night’s sleep
The breakfast sets you up for the day and its location to the freeway is good. Stay here and you will not be disappointed

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Good location for business traveler staying downtown, closer to restaurants; however, kind of hard to find.... behind another major hotel, but i always feel more "home" at Holiday Inn and like their points too ! Rooms very roomy and service good. for me, these hotels always dependable if i'm on business. Fast internet connections too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I was driving cross country and this was on my stretch from Phoenix AZ to Dallas TX and I didn't wanna stop but my dad called and reserved my bf and I a room here and I was like oh great a roadside hotel this is gonna be dirty and a bad idea. But when I got there I was amazed. Very good service (especially for arriving so late at night) The air conditioner was great considering it was august in Texas lol and what really won me over here was the bed. It was so comfortable that I am currently looking for what brand it was so I can buy one!!! I've stayed in a lot of hotels (including the four seasons) and this one is pretty up there. And if you stay there, get the complimentary breakfast! You will not regret it omg it was soooooo delicious : ) Plus there is a 24/7 Jack in the box within walking distance, I thought it was nice because I was on the road and hadn't eaten in a while. Definitely a great place to stay and if I were to ever drive thru Abilene again I would say there over anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ph33rjenny
birmingham alabama
Reviewed December 4, 2008

My stay couldn't have been any better! I stayed for 6 nights, and i must say after 11 hrs of traveling i was very happy to arrive! I walked in at 3:40am and the front desk lady (diane) was waiting on me with keys in hand! My check in took less than 30 seconds!

My room was clean, smelled good, and the bed..A---MAZING!

• Liked — EVERYTHING!
  • Disliked — NOTHING IT WAS ALL GREATY
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank BHAMChris
Scottsdale
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed there June 27th and 28th 2008 and found the property in good condition. We were greeted in a very friendly manner. The room was clean and in good repair. The breakfast was good and the food was available later than the announced breakfast time. We were there for a wedding and our family met in the breakfast room area and it was comfortable , had a nice couch and tv. The location is close to Abilene Christian University.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — It was clean, good breakfast and near Abilene Christian University
  • Disliked — The hairdryer broke.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ClareScottsdale
san angelo, tx
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This was the nastiest hotel I have ever seen, especially for being charged $110/ night. We battled cock roaches on our bed and in our room and ants at the pool. The room stunk like cigarette smoke and had burn holes in the carpet of our "smoke free" room. There was gum stuck to the floor in our bathroom along with so much grime and gunk that there was a mat of body hair stuck to it all. We were afraid to use the toilets this hotel was so disgusting. Do NOT stay here. You will be better off sleeping in your car or camping.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family