“Holiday Inn Express Dependable and Friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Abilene
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Austin, Texas
“Holiday Inn Express Dependable and Friendly”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Good location for business traveler staying downtown, closer to restaurants; however, kind of hard to find.... behind another major hotel, but i always feel more "home" at Holiday Inn and like their points too ! Rooms very roomy and service good. for me, these hotels always dependable if i'm on business. Fast internet connections too.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I was driving cross country and this was on my stretch from Phoenix AZ to Dallas TX and I didn't wanna stop but my dad called and reserved my bf and I a room here and I was like oh great a roadside hotel this is gonna be dirty and a bad idea. But when I got there I was amazed. Very good service (especially for arriving so late at night) The air conditioner was great considering it was august in Texas lol and what really won me over here was the bed. It was so comfortable that I am currently looking for what brand it was so I can buy one!!! I've stayed in a lot of hotels (including the four seasons) and this one is pretty up there. And if you stay there, get the complimentary breakfast! You will not regret it omg it was soooooo delicious : ) Plus there is a 24/7 Jack in the box within walking distance, I thought it was nice because I was on the road and hadn't eaten in a while. Definitely a great place to stay and if I were to ever drive thru Abilene again I would say there over anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ph33rjenny
birmingham alabama
Reviewed December 4, 2008

My stay couldn't have been any better! I stayed for 6 nights, and i must say after 11 hrs of traveling i was very happy to arrive! I walked in at 3:40am and the front desk lady (diane) was waiting on me with keys in hand! My check in took less than 30 seconds!

My room was clean, smelled good, and the bed..A---MAZING!

• Liked — EVERYTHING!
  • Disliked — NOTHING IT WAS ALL GREATY
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank BHAMChris
Scottsdale
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed there June 27th and 28th 2008 and found the property in good condition. We were greeted in a very friendly manner. The room was clean and in good repair. The breakfast was good and the food was available later than the announced breakfast time. We were there for a wedding and our family met in the breakfast room area and it was comfortable , had a nice couch and tv. The location is close to Abilene Christian University.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — It was clean, good breakfast and near Abilene Christian University
  • Disliked — The hairdryer broke.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ClareScottsdale
san angelo, tx
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This was the nastiest hotel I have ever seen, especially for being charged $110/ night. We battled cock roaches on our bed and in our room and ants at the pool. The room stunk like cigarette smoke and had burn holes in the carpet of our "smoke free" room. There was gum stuck to the floor in our bathroom along with so much grime and gunk that there was a mat of body hair stuck to it all. We were afraid to use the toilets this hotel was so disgusting. Do NOT stay here. You will be better off sleeping in your car or camping.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank underbecky
Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2008

I like staying at HI Express Hotels, so when I was sent to Abilene on business I cancelled the reservations my boss had made at a different hotel and reserved a room at HIE South Abilene.

When I arrived, the poor girl at the front desk had three folks in line waiting to check in, and she seemed as if it were her first day on the job and she hadn't been trained in how to do it. She repeatedly had to consult the manager on duty in the back, who acted put out when he came to assist her, then went right back in the back even though he saw all of us waiting to check in. He talked down to the girl whenever he did come back out, and I was more than a little surprised that she didn't quit right there and leave.

My room, which was supposed to be a suite, was your basic hotel room set-up, but was very clean and comfortable. It was very noisy, though, on the first floor by one of the exits, and the walls seemed paper thin. I went to sit in the hot tub, but was told that it would not be available for use until April, which was the hotel's policy. I had asked about the hot tub when I called in my reservation, and was told that they had one but was not told that it wasn't in use, which ticked me off. After all day on the road, a hot tub is very welcome for relaxation, and I would have stayed with my original hotel if I had known that there was no hot tub available at HIE. Oh, and one of the two computers in the business centers was down, and the other was occupied by a teenager sending text messages for hours. I couldn't access the wireless internet in my room and went to try and check my emails, but couldn't get on because of the teen. Every other HIE I have been to usually asks the guests to limit the amount of time spent on the computer if another guest needs to use it, but not this one. The girl at the front desk said there was nothing she could do about it.

Finally, the breakfast, which I usually look forward to when I stay at HIEs, was a disappointment, too. There was no whole milk, they ran out of 2% milk, and the skim milk cartons' expiration dates had passed, so no cereal could be had. All of the hot food except the cinnamon rolls was out, even though there weren't all that many people at the breakfast. When I checked out, nobody said a word to me or thanked me for my business.

Next time Im in Abilene, I think I will stick with the other hotel that my company had originally booked me in. I will give other HIEs a shot, but another experience like the one in Abilene will probably be enough to get me to switch my hotel allegiances.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank AustiniteTexas
San Antonio Tx
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Holiday Inn Express at Clack and Hyw 83
Abilene is my home town although I live in San Antonio Tx now. We return about 6 times a year.and we have stayed in many places and this Holiday Inn is by far the best place I have seen Abilene. It was very clean and modern. The room was 'very' big and clean and the staff was excellent . They were attentive, helpful and courteous. I can't wait to go back and visit again and as long as it stays the same I won't stay anyplace else in Abilene.

Stayed November 2007