“Great customer service in not so great area”

Holiday Inn Express Abilene
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This Hotel was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. The elevator was not working and we had to walk up three flights of stairs- not an issue usually but the area (being right off I20) did not make us feel safe. My Husband went to the nearby gas station and two Greyhound bus loads of people were there. We enjoyed everything about our stay except the area and the fact that the elevator wasn't working. We expected the rate to reflect the inconvenience (3rd floor) but it did not. ** we were traveling with small kids which made a difference with feeling safe

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Liz0702,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the elevator was down while you were traveling with your family. I know how taxing it can be to tackle stairs with little ones! We work diligently to keep our property in excellent condition, unfortunately sometimes these issues do arise.

While many love our convenient access to I-20, I completely understand your concerns with the nearby bus station. However, I can say in complete honesty that we have never had any problems stem from the greyhound station arriving. I'm very sorry that you felt uncomfortable by it and hope that the friendliness of the staff and quality of the hotel helped you enjoy your stay as much as possible.

If you ever have any questions or concerns about your rate, always feel free to speak with a front desk attendant! We are here to ensure the satisfaction of your stay. If you would like to discuss the matter further please don't hesitate to contact me directly at brittney@abilenehie.com

Again, we appreciate the time you took to review our property! As always, safe and happy travels!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've worked at a hotel before so I know the routine. The staff was great and I had an awesome welcoming from whom seemed to be the Manager on duty. The rooms were wonderful and clean, exactly what I would expect from a Holiday Inn. The housekeepers were super nice and I don't see that too often. One staff member almost ruined my trip. The front desk receptionist in the morning threw a fit after I asked for an ice bucket. He literally threw his hands in the air and threw a fit. He complained about having to count his drawer and not having the time to do so as if I was part of the problem. Not a great way to end my stay but I will definitely stay again if I'm ever in the area, and not let this one man ruin it for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I frequent Holiday Inn Express and IHG Properties. I completed a long leg of a 500+ mile drive from Oklahoma. This hotel like many Holiday Inn Express' is an oasis. Quiet room, comfortable and all amenities. Staff here are "down home" friendly folks. They have some nice added touches to the Express Breakfast. Clean and cozy atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Tony G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your continued patronage to Holiday Inn and IHG properties. We appreciate you more than you know! As always, if there is anything we can do for you please let us know.
Safe and Happy Travels,

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed in the hotel in Jan 2005 but that was before doing Trip Adviser reviews. It was a good stay as was the recent June 2014 stay but the place has gone downhill in the last 9+ years.
- 60 watt incandescent bulbs make for a DIM room. Not pleasant if you have work to do.
- Door closer needed adjusting so it would CLOSE rather than just shut but no lock.
+ Excellent breakfast, changed daily to fight boredom in a multi-day stay.
+ Helpful and friendly staff.
+ With exception of the closer and the dim lighting, the room was in excellent condition.
- Massively annoying internet: a new logon is required.every time you turn on the computer. Software is available that remembers the computer's MAC address and logs you on automatically, once daily or for the entire stay -- they should use it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Wolfg981,

We appreciate your very thoughtful review of our property. Reviews like these are what help us IMPROVE and move forward in our goals of complete guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your time. As always if there is anything we can do to improve your stay while you are with let us know. If you would want to contact me directly so that I could get the information on the room you were staying in as well, that would be great. I would love to have maintenance check the door. My e-mail address is Brittney@Abilenehie.com

Best Regards and Safe Travels,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Room was large a king suite, very clean and king bed was very comfortable. Hotel was in a good location, staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast food was ok, staff in dining area again were great. Located in distance walking of restaurants. Would stay here again..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear LSUFANOK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your continued patronage. As always, if there is anything we can do to improve your stay let us know!! Safe travels!!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

For some reason the GPS does not take you to this address so heads up. I called the hotel and staff was helpful with coordinates. I just stayed for one night, the place feels new and clean. The free breakfast was OK. Easy access to I-20 and gas stations. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Ozziecar,

The construction around our property is most confusing to the GPS! We are SO looking forward to it's completion!!! I am pleased to hear the staff was helpful to you through this inconvenience.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family stayed here for a wedding in March 2014. It's well-located, though not in the middle of town. They were kind enough to allow the wedding party to have use of their breakfast room area after the wedding. The kids had wanted to wind down from the festivities and there were about 20 people who wanted to visit. The hotel let us use that room which was very convenient.
The hotel is nothing up-scale, but it's certainly comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear cwatsonk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our property. We were more than happy to provide the great room for your group after the wedding! We understand how important it is to have somewhere to just gather together and relax after a long evening. Our guests being comfortable and feeling welcome is of upmost importance to us! We are so grateful to have your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you in the future.