“Reunion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Flower Mound
“Reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked this hotel again for our family reunion and again it was a very pleasant stay. They are very accommodating and could not be a nice group of people to work with. Mia, Amanda and Paul were very helpful with any questions or concerns.

Room Tip: Seems third floor rooms are much quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear GoldenJeep,

We are pleased to hear that your reunion at our hotel was an enjoyable one and that our staffs service was commendable. We will make sure that they are acknowledged for their exceptional customer service. We look forward to seeing your family next year at out hotel.

Thanks,
Shelby M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Valparaiso, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here on our way through Abilene for an overnight stop only; we were driving from Dallas to New Mexico. This hotel is typical for newer Holiday Inn Expresses - clean, good room layout, good beds, quiet, good breakfast, courteous service, etc. In other words, a reasonable person looking for a nice place to spend the night will not find anything significant to be unhappy about. It is a good facility that is well-run.

When we stayed there in December 2012, there was significant road construction going on out front. There is good and bad with this: the good was there were very few people staying here so we had our choice of rooms, personal service, and a full-stocked breakfast to ourselves. The bad was it was hard find how to get to the hotel because of closed access roads.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear GoldenJeep,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and we look forward to you returning to our hotel for your next trip. Unfortunately the road construction is something that is out of our control and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. We are expecting it to be completed within the next few months which will help future travelers get to our hotel easier.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Shelby Moutray
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for almost the entire month of February. The hotel was reasonably clean Isome stained curtains) with a small but clean work out room. Breakfast was hot & well stocked. Staff was VERY friendly! Internet is extremely poor....cut out most nights by 10. I had to go elsewhere to do my work. Multiple groups commented on this. IT GETS WORSE: .my office booked on Kayak. I tried to register my Holiday Inn points and you CAN'T receive points if you use a "third party booking". Matters got worse when they tried to register my points and then charged me for TWO WEEKS on my personal credit card (they'd already been paid through Kayak). After lots of phone calls & emails they returned my money & awarded me one free night. Good place to stay if you just need to spend one quick night at a reasonable price. But business folks need to consider staying elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Kaycie,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is a great to hear your appreciation of the breakfast and the service delivered by our staff. We are pleased your concerns about your stay was already addressed. We regret you were not fully satisfied with the internet connection. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
gecko831
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of April. I was in a king suite on the third floor. The hotel needs work for the following reasons:

1. Carpet was sticky, almost like a carpet cleaning chemical residue, I wore socks the whole time so I didn't feel like I was walking on a floor where soda was just spilt everytime I moved around.

2. Garbage can was set up in third floor hallway to catch water leaking from ceiling due to rain. Really?

3. Poor lightening/ very loud ac unit/squeaky bed/super loud bathroom fan that had to be turned on if you want the light on.

4. Elevator is scary - it shook a lot & doors almost shut on me walking into it.

Pros:

1. Staff were very nice.

2. Reasonable room rate.

3. Near the University.

I try to stay at Holiday Inns b/c I'm a platinum priority club member but I saw another holiday inn express in a better location (near the mall with closer shops & more restaurant choices than this one) so I'll try that one next time.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear gecko831,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay with us. I apologize about the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Please be assured that these issues will be addressed with the proper department head to ensure that they are taken care of immediately. I am going to send you a private message to find out more details about the room that you stayed in so I can make sure that this room in particular is addressed.

Hotel Staff
houstonburbs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was such a welcome place after a very long day on the road! The room was large and very very accommodating in everyway. The bed was comfortable...plenty of pillows and extra blankets if needed. The staff was helpful and easy to work with. What a wonderful place to stop over a night's rest!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear ladybugtx76,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express I-20 in Abilene, TX. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I know that we were able to briefly speak before you left the hotel to head home, and I am pleased to once again hear that you were able to relax at our hotel on your journey home. Thank you for commending us on our staff, I am happy to know that we met all of your expectations. We look forward to seeing you next time you drive through Abilene.

Thanks,
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 12/24/12-12/27/12. It was not the best experience with the Holiday Inn Express brand. Note: About a week ago I wrote a similar review for the Holiday Inn website, however, when I clicked Submit, my review was not posted. Instead I received an email from Holiday Inn stating their concern about the quality of my stay and a commitment to follow up with me "immediately." Here we are a week later, no one from Holiday Inn has contacted me, and my review does not display on their website posting for this property. Hmmmm…

Here is a list of the negatives we experienced:
1. Housekeeping Service: We were not notified that housekeeping services would not be performed on Christmas Day, so when we returned to the room after spending the day with our family, nothing has been done to clean the room. The bed was unmade, towels still in a pile on the bathtub, coffee not replenished. AND, there was no adjustment in the room rate for the lesser service provided.
2. Room Maintenance and Cleanliness: The upholstery on the arms of the sofa was almost threadbare and the sofa was very uncomfortable for sitting. I saw pink mold on the plastic shower curtain on the day we checked out.
3. Mattress/Pillows: Mattress was hard as a rock; pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable.
4. Heating Unit: The equipment was dated and very noisy!

The positives:
1. Room Layout: I requested a complimentary upgrade since (a) I'm a Priority Club member, and (b) there were very few guests staying in the hotel. The suite was nice and big, high ceilings, and a ceiling fan in the "living area."
2. Breakfast: Hot food was served hot, cold food was nice and cold. Standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast fare.
3. Staff: Housekeeping staff were delightfully friendly. Front desk staff were friendly-ish.
4: Location: Convenient to I-20

Room Tip: Inquire about recently remodeled rooms (for a newer HVAC unit), check out bathroom cleanliness, test...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shelbynicole, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Abilene, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear MaryLouise2010,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff’s service commendable and that our breakfast met your expectations.

Please accept my sincerest apology your room not being cleaned on Christmas Day. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services. Because most of your concerns were housekeeping and maintenance issues, these problems will be addressed with the appropriate personnel to ensure that they are aware of these problems and that these quality issues are resolved at once.

Shelby Moutray
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Our room was very large - had 2 queen beds and still lots of room for moving around. The bathroom was large with built in shelves beside the sink, which was nice for placing toiletries off the countertop. Shower worked great, as did air conditioner and TV. Beds were clean and comfortable with lots of pillows. The breakfast, included in the room price, had a good variety with hot items as well as cereals, breads and fruit. Very comfortable stay!

• Stayed November 2012