“Good place to stay with young children”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Good place to stay with young children”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I am not very familiar with Abilene, but I liked this hotel's location. It wasn't far off the freeway and it was across the road from the mall. The best part was having a suite. With our toddler going to bed early, we didn't want to have to tiptoe around him or not be able to hang out and watch TV at night. Also enjoyed the complimentary drinks. Our toddler loved all the plants on the bottom floor, called it "the jungle." We used the pool and it was perfect for us. The fitness room was nothing great; one treadmill, an elliptical, a bike and one weight machine. I run, and when I went down to run one morning, there was a woman on it, so I ended up going outside. Luckily it felt like a safe area, and I just ran laps around the mall. The breakfast was a low point. The scrambled eggs tasted terrible; not sure why, but my husband and I agreed. There was plenty else though, just not necessarily hot. Sleeping-wise, it was quite, but we had brought our floor fan, so without it, we may have been able to hear noise from the courtyard. My husband stayed up late both nights, out in the sitting room part of the suite, and said there was apparently a group of adolescents running wild downstairs and it was very loud. Thankfully we didn't hear any of it in the bedroom with the fan going. We would definitely stay here again. It was cheaper than other suites in the area, and seemed to have the most amenities (drinks, hot breakfast, etc.).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This hotel has nice rooms but its apparently a magnet for people who want to get really drunk and disorderly. We heard yelling and fighting through out the night. Obviously this hotel has no security personnel on site. Very disturbing!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TXBandBGirl

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We were very pleased with everything about this property rooms ,staff and meals. Will definitely be back when in area. Well organized for escort, made me look good.

• Stayed May 2010
Midland, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2010

This is a great place to meet with old friends/family!
We have family in OKC, Dallas and West Texas. Our 17 yr old was playing baseball over the weekend and we turned it into a get together. We couldn't have picked a better spot. The suites were perfect for our various size families and with the enclosed atrium we were able to relax and enjoy the time together when we weren't at the ballpark. Thank guys.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel since it opened and prior when it was the Ambassador. Lately, the rooms and housekeeping service have been poor. The first night I discovered the TV in the bedroom wasn't working. When I put items into the refridgerator, there were partially consumed bottles of water and Dr Pepper. The first morning I discovered the in room coffee pot had coffee in it from the previos guest and the 2 cups didn't look too clean either. There were remnants of mold all over the shower walls that I could rub my finger over which came off easily. There were only 3 bath towels even though we reserved the room for 2 adults and 2 children. If you put on clean white socks and walked across the carpet you could tell how filthy the carpets were. The socks were very soiled. There's few selection of beverages during their 5-7 pm free beverage hours and the breakfasts are not that good any more. I was very disappointed with this recent stay which was in Dec. 2009. On our next trip we will check out one of the newer hotels or stay at the Courtyard. I don't care how much the Elegante suites are, they certainly are not elegant.

• Stayed March 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Stayed Thurs. and Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. Great hotel, great location, across the street from the Mall of Abilene. Left a phone charger behind in the room, when I called to inquire about it on Saturday I was told by the front desk that it was probably locked up in housekeeping and I would not be able to speak to anyone there until Monday. This made me wonder if housekeeping was locked, how did laundry get done on Saturday and Sunday? As I'd checked out of the hotel to stay with friends I stopped by the hotel in person on Sunday and again inquired about the phone charger . The person at the front desk called housekeeping and was told the only thing they'd found was a high school jacket. He then hung up and asked if I'd like to walk back and take a look for myself. We did, not only was my charger there, clearly marked in a plastic bag with the room number it was found in, but also the dated. I also found my daughter's lost pillow back there as they stayed in the room beside ours. Had it not been for the nice gentleman at the front desk I would've had to spend $35 for another charger. Our breakfast was just ok, lukewarm served buffet style. I expected a little better service but other than that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Abilene TX
Reviewed September 30, 2009

On several accounts I have called in to try to reserve a room. They take name and phone number and never call back. To start with this is a very bad habit. Like someone trying to buy something in a store and they are told to go wait in the parking lot.
Several new hotels in town and I am sure they are worried about that. Need to try the good service approach to win customers!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business