“A bit older, but clean and had great beds”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were here for a wedding. The hotel is not the most modern, but it was clean. The employees were all very nice and made our stay enjoyable. Rooms were very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was much better than some. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool/game area get a bit louder. It was very quiet with the rooms in the 117-139 ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PamK16509

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My sister and I just spent 7 days at the MCM Elegante in Abilene, TX. We had a wonderful stay. I have stayed here before and therefore knew it would be a good stay but I have never given a review and therefore felt it was time to do that. We were across the street from the Mall and we visited there as well. We went swimming 3 or 4 times. Breakfast is great and comes with your stay. I highly recommended this hotel whether overnight or for a longer stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We just returned from this hotel where we hosted our family reunion. Have used this hotel many times over the last 15 years but after this weekend I will never stay there again. We arrived to our room and the bathroom looked like the maid had forgotten to pick up some of the dirty towels. Bathroom appeared clean other than the left tout towels, The breakfast was below standard to any hotel that I have stayed at. The silverware was dirty and my husband picked a juice glass and it still had lip stick on it! The food was cold and appeared to have been reheated in some cases. After each breakfast I wished that I hadn't eaten any of it as I had given me a stomach ache both times. The bed was comfortable other than the sheets looked very old and thin.

1  Thank ChipnTira
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place is perfect for families -- great pool area, game room, pool tables, big area for meals. The place is clean, the staff is friendly, and basic room amenities like a comfortable bed, quiet AC, adequate lighting, etc. are all covered. The food was nothing special, but adequate, for breakfast, and although I didn't use them, you get 4 drink tickets every day for a manager's reception, so that's a good value. The location is ideal for getting around Abilene.

Room Tip: There are rooms with an outside balcony. If you get one of these, make sure you are not close to th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I just checked in about an hour ago. Great facility and amenities. But, the housekeeping staff did not do a thorough job on the bathroom in room 255. The last guest had an upset stomach and the toilet was GROSS when I lifted the seat. Something housekeeping evidently did not do. Also gum stuck to outside of bathroom trash can. We are cleaning the bathroom ourselves now. Did not expect this from the reviews we saw.

Room Tip: Possibly stay somewhere else
Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ron B
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We like to stay at this hotel on our way from the Dallas area to Odessa as it is a good middle point. We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions now and I can say that it is very consistent. Although it may be somewhat older than some of the other hotels around, we like it because it offers a separate room where my husband and I sleep. Our 5 and 3 year old boys sleep comfortably on the pull out sofa, rather than us all being in one big room. This hotel does give a discount for government employees which is a plus for our family. There are a great deal of breakfast options including made to order breakfast which is great. A great hotel at a good price, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Abilene and we will continue to frequent on our way through.

Room Tip: We get a king which sleeps my husband and myself and the kids sleep on the pull out sofa.
2  Thank Bethany C
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Even though the hotel was a little older, the property is still in great shape and was very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The suites were roomy but the bathroom was just a tad smaller than most. The spanish tile added a nice ambiance. The food was well prepared and yummy. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Most of the suites open into the atrium area. I liked the privacy of the outside balcony entrances...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple