“Nice But needs works”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed August 9, 2008

i am staying here at the MCM as i write this. the hotel is very as is the room we are in. they do have a few problems they need to work on but dont go to the front desk cause they are not helpful at all. first off we have a room on the 3rd floor right above the restaurant and oh my lord friday night was HORRIBLE. the people next to us we loud all night long and top that off with the lounge next to the restaurant. the band played till at least 1 am.. dont know when it stopped as i was finally able to fall asleep. caution ask for a room far from the lounge if you will be here on a weekend. they do not let you know that you are over the lounge and it might be loud at night. honestly i do not think they care. next on the bad list is the pool area on the weekend. holly kids we have a 5 year old and let me tell you there were 25 kids in that pool on only 3 adults in there. one lady had one child she left then other three adults finally left with there kids and there was still a load of kids without adults watching them. this is suppose to be against the rules but there again front desk could careless. now its saturday 8/9/08 and the hotel is full and full of kids at that. they are running all 3 floors up and down the halls playing chase and the parents can careless. i guess they think they are the only ones here and so what if they disturb the others in the hotel. keep in mind the atrium is below and you look out your room looking over the atrium its all open so i can even here the kids below on the second floor that are running from the kids on the third floor. before last night our stay had been great. like i said nice hotel usually the staff is nice but dont expect if you do have problems that the front desk will help you at all..

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank RolexRider

Reviewed August 6, 2008

We had a two room suite at the Elegante and it worked wonderfully for us. The room was clean and nice the beds very comfortable and interaction with staff, while minimal, was very pleasant.

The made to order breakfast lines were a little long, but not horrible. The pool was nice, clean and well taken care of during our stay.

The location is directly across from the Abilene Mall and was convenient to almost everywhere we visited. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank wcr2
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We were in Abilene all week for the State 4H horse show finals and stayed from Sunday, July 20-26 at the MCM Elegante Suites. I have NEVER stayed at a better hotel. The staff was great; the rooms were wonderful, the beds were fabulous. The MADE TO ORDER breakfast is simply wonderful for a weary grand mother and her daughters and grand daughters had to be up EARLY every morning to feed horses and get ready for the show.; the evening happy hour was great as it gave a wonderful ending to a very tiring but fun day. All in All - I highly recommend the MCM Elegante Suites in Abilene and will stay there for the next 5 years as Abilene was awarded the title as Host City for the 4H State Horse Show Finals.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank GranniefromRedOak
Reviewed July 1, 2008

I arrived at the hotel and the lobby/dining area looked very nice. I had requested a smoking room, and the second I walked in the door, the smell knocked me over. The room literally stunk of tobacco and whatever else. The room was very old looking, wallpaper peeling yellow off the walls. The bathroom was no better nor the carpet. I checked in late, so I figured I would make the best of it and request a non-smoking room the next morning. That night I got violently ill and seeked medical attention. One of the employees told me I wasn't the first, that there were at least 5 others just like me. When I arrived back at the hotel, they had already cleaned my horrible room (wondering now did the maids change the sheets for new people or did they assume I was still staying in that room (don't know, because none of the cleaning staff speak english or spanish). I did try to tell the cleaning staff I was being moved to a non-smoking room, but could clearly tell they didn't understand. My new room smelled better, but still did not appear very clean. I will be staying at the Marriott next door on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Sierra129
Reviewed June 28, 2008

We had stayed here several months earlier and had a pleasant experience. Our son was attending football camp in Abilene, but the hotel could not accomodate us for the three night stay on this trip. We reserved a room at the Civic Plaza Hotel instead checking in at 11:30pm and checking out at 11:37 pm (stay far away! seedy,dark, dirty, MOTEL NOT HOTEL). We called the Elegante, and they responded to our plea, as they had one room for this night only available. Suites are well arranged, suitably furnished, and accomodating for family of 3 or 4. Very clean, friendly service, nice atmosphere, safe, great place for kids, yet still maintains a quiet and adult-like atmosphere. Parking, however, is limited, so turn in early. Read the monument in the dining area and you'll know why this hotel is a blessing to travelers like us. Incidentally, the hotel made room for the remainder of our stay. Just call us Mary, Joseph, and one tired donkey ....thank God there was room at the inn!

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank clairatt
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We were referred to this hotel by a local and told it is the best in town. While it is convenient and has a very good breakfast, we found it to be very mediocre. The rooms do have nice amenities; however, we had to repeatedly ask for additional towels and the mattress pad on the sofa bed was not very clean. The noise and music from the bar in the atrium continued until about 1:30 AM each morning we were there and the guests above us were extremely noisy as well. When we arrived back at the hotel around 4:30 PM on Saturday, the used towels were still in the bathroom and there was a bottle of cleaning solution left on the back of the toilet. No one ever came back to complete the room or to retrieve the solution. On our check out morning, we went to breakfast and when we returned, none of our room keys worked and we had to make an extra trip to the front desk. When all of the above was discussed with the desk staff, a shrug of the shoulders and "Sorry about that" was the only response. We will definitely stay elsewhere on our next visit to Abilene.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank joytraveller007
Reviewed February 20, 2008

My daughter and I were visiting ACU and stumbled on this hotel. Eric immediately made us feel welcome and really took care of us for folks just walking in off of the streets. The room was huge and the beds were more comfortable than the Westin’s heavenly beds.
We had dinner at the restaurant. I eat all over the country at three and four star restaurants and the quality of the steak and its demiglas were delicious. Don’t get me wrong- the hotel and the dinner are affordable.
I did not go in, but there were a couple of good bands in the in-house club.
It has a very romantic setting and would be a great get away if you were from the area or maybe traveling through the area… or visiting ACU!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family