“Convenient for a short stay”

MCM Elegante Suites
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Texas
“Convenient for a short stay”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I booked a room for one night stay. The clerk was very helpful in booking our room with a king bed. When we arrived the next evening, we were told that we could only get a room in the back, outside of the main hotel with an outside entrance, unless we wanted a smoking room.(What???) I almost left at that moment. I do not want a room in back of the main hotel with an outside entrance. I finally agreed to the room as it was getting late, and fatigue was setting in. When I entered the room, it looked like no one had stayed in it for months. The french type doors opened to the outside, and they would barely close. I had to jiggle the handle and slam the door very hard to get it to close. The room was mostly clean. They had glass- glasses with no covers, (I would not use them anyway). The microwave was broken. The hairdryer was broken. It looked like no one had inspected the room in years. At least,the linens were clean and we stayed our one night. Breakfast was great the next morning as we ordered omelets. The staff were all friendly. I would stay again, if I was inside the hotel, as I believe the outside rooms are not maintained as well as the ones located inside the hotel. When I booked the room, I would insist on an inside room for safety, or stay elsewhere if they would not guarantee me an inside room. This hotel is an old Embassy Suites, so if you are familiar with Embassy hotels, you know the layout of this hotel. It has a great location, just across from the Mall of Abilene and near restaurants.

Room Tip: Be specific about your choice in the type of rooom.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gogonurse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
near Houston
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We recently had a family reunion and chose the Elegante because of good experiences at their other locations. We made the right choice. The rooms were very nice, great beds and lots of space, except for the bathroom which is tiny. The breakfast area and food were wonderful and the restaurant was good too. It is very pretty and well maintained, including rooms, common areas and pool. Our only complaint was that although we had reserved a block of rooms, they did not put us near each other which was inconvenient. Overall, a great weekend and we'd go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here during one of the busiest weekends of the year in Abilene and everything was great. From the people at the front desk to the ladies working the breakfast buffet, everyone was friendly and very helpful. Actually told some family and friends to stay here as well and they also enjoyed the hotel. The beds were great as usual and the breakfast buffet is the best. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Abilene area. I stay at Elegante's whenever I'm able and always come away happy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I travel frequently for work and I've been to Abilene a few times. This was the worst hotel that I've stayed in here. For the price, the room is terrible. The carpet is old and looks like it's been here since the 70's. The furniture looks like Motel 6 had a liquidation sale and the Elegante bought all of it. There are signs all over the room about not smoking, cleaning fees, and how charges will be made to your account if you steal towels. As a woman traveling alone, I definitely did not feel safe with the wobbly wood and glass door that opens to my room. Even the latch was falling apart. The tub was dirty and yellowing from age and the entire hotel had a smell of mildew and faint odor of cigarette smoke. I was scheduled to stay here a week, but I left after 1 night. The Residence Inn by Marriott is 100 times better and costs less. Besides the Marriott has actual suites available with full-size fridge, stove, dishwasher, and microwave. This place has a 1970s wood-grain mini-fridge, and a tiny microwave. I hated everything about my stay here. Oh and the walls are really thin, so if you do stay here, try to get a room away from people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lina C

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We recently booked 5 rooms over two days for my daughter's wedding. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. Afternoon complimentary cocktails, a "cook to order" breakfast, nice pool and fun games pool-side all were a plus. However, the topper happened apon our departure. In our haste to get out and to the wedding, I left an envelope with a substantial amount of cash on top of the bed that was to be used to pay for wedding services at the reception. To my amazement, Ms. Rasaily, the room housekeeper turned in the envelope! Thank you, Ms. Rasaily, and Ms. Walker for your honesty - you provided another reason for this Father of the Bride to be proud!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gresham OR
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Service is what makes the difference in almost every business. MCM Elegante needs to review their position in servicing thier guests. Shuttle service to and from the airport is at best "sketchy". If you absolutely need to make a flight, make other arrangements before relying on the hotel to get you to or from the airport. If checking out for the 5:30 Am flight, the air crews have priority on the shuttle and you will wait. Oh yes, the hotel cannot give you a receipt when checking out early morning. The restaurant is understaffed and the food is very slow to get to the table. However, the food is good when it finally arrives. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The "Happy Hour" and lounge are the highlight of the evening. The complimentary breakfast is very good and cooked fresh. I have been at this hotel many times on business and nothing seems to change.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice stay. One of the things that was great was the sleeper couch in the living room portion of the suite. It is great for the teenagers who like to stay up until 4 am. They have their own tv and own bathroom and own bed. That is nice

The breakfast was much better this time. Everything was stocked well this time. The staff was attentive and helpful. Food was hot and fast.

This stay was heads and shoulders above my last stay. I am glad I gave it a second chance. Thanks Jo Ann

• Stayed December 2012