“Can I give this place a negative terrible?” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Emerald Inn Expo
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Arvada, Colorado
“Can I give this place a negative terrible?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We have traveled the world and have NEVER seen anything like this..Ever! There are two Whitten Inns in Abilene and can't speak about both, just the junk hole we stayed in. I really didn't want to lay in the bed for fear of something disgusting.. I didnt want to brush my teeth looking at a rusty sink and it was hard to take a shower when the tub wouldn't drain. I got right into my shoes from the shower for fear of what I would walk on in what looked like pee covered tile. I could go on and on but am starting to get a stomach ache. Look at all the pictures my boyfriend took on his review. I felt bad for the lady at the front desk because she sincerely apologized but it's not her fault. They need to seriously tear down this place and start from the ground up. I felt $75 for this place was $67 too much. This owner used to work for Hilton Hotels? Looks like he didn't bring any of his experience here. Ggggrosss! Don't stay here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank sheilaNscott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bronson Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed in an infested room with my two kids. After the first night I woke up with bites all over my body. The motel staff tried covering up the problem and then wouldn't reimburse me. Also, I am still dealing with this nightmare because I brought them home with me. I've tried calling the manager to resolve the issue but the next step is a lawyer.
I have traveled all over the U.S. and never once in my life have I been bit by a bed bug. Now I have an infestation thanks to this motel, and they could care less!

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank Ericaaaaaammmmm

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We intended staying here for 3 nights but checked out after the first. After being on the road for 14 hours and arriving at 23:00 there was not much time to seek other accommodations.
Upon entering the room we should have known that there was going to be problems. The front door had graffiti on it along with massive smudges and greasy hand prints. The comforters ( and the entire room) are outdated (70's), the bathroom was plain gross, there were boogers on the walls, empty Marlboro cigarette packs in the dresser, the tub takes as long to drain as long as it takes to shower. Had to wait for the tub to drain which took 8 minutes. The bathroom sink? Rusted and disgusting. Urine or humidity grease running down the bath wall onto the tile. The coffee pot was covered with handprints. The shower head was 5 feet high. Who can possibly take a normal shower when the shower head is this low?
One hangar was on the rod, no hair dryer, paper stuck to the bottom shelf of the nightstand. I can continue but my fingers are now tired from complaining and my head is tired from the lack of sleep.
Katie at the front counter felt terrible and apologized (understandably not her fault).
Never again!
I will attach photos with proof later.
Btw. We rented rooms 119, 120, 121 and my post is about room 120. The other two rooms were just as bad by the way.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank ferret50
Ash P, General Manager at Emerald Inn Expo, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We certainly apologize for your experience. The rooms that you are referring to have been shut down and are getting a facelift as we speak. We hate to hear anyone having such an experience and we strive to correct any issues as soon as possible.
Burkesville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at Whitten Inn in Abliene, Tx and it was the most pleasent place to stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. They had a wonderful breakfast.

I would most definately stay at Whitten Inn again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BernieAlbert2014
Ash P, General Manager at Emerald Inn Expo, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We are so happy to hear that your stay at our hotel was a pleasant one and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We had an issue with our room not closing properly informed the front desk the went out for the day upon our return the problem has been fixed only draw back was that we had smoking room as that was they had due to some powerlifting tournament in town

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ladyvw
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We apprehensively stayed here last night because it was right next door to the truck shop our truck is broken down at and it was the least expensive in Abilene. Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised by our room. The beds are incredibly soft and yes, the rooms are older (this is not a brand new hotel) but they were very very clean and very comfortable. Our room had a mini fridge and a microwave and they were both unplugged and had been cleaned inside and out. That much detail into cleaning a room is amazing. Definitely will stay here again (as we are doing tonight!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Poisonlady76
Ash P, Director of Sales at Emerald Inn Expo, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We love, love, love to hear when a guest is enjoying their stay at our hotel. We hope you continue to have a great stay and if you need anything please let our front desk staff know. We unplug the fridge and microwaves to lower electric cost and longevity of them so that we can offer our guest better discounts.

Karen Goff
Sales Manager
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

So i come to Abilene often and have always seen the signs for the whitten inn....I finally decided to try it out...Its about average id say..Older style motel with great parking...Staff was very friendly and helpful.. Room is about average as well....Could use an update as it is an older place. UPDATE THIS PLACE!......lol

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ash P, Director of Sales at Emerald Inn Expo, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are so glad you decided to stay, and hope to see you again soon. We recently began overhauling our rooms in the last couple of weeks, its going to take us so time but we are diligently working. All rooms will be completely deep cleaned, rooms that need it are being repainted, furniture refurbished, all outlets and fixtures are being repaired or replaced, and properly attached to wall. Soon after we have completed this the new bedding will start to go in. We hope that once again you will stay with us and find that we have moved into above the average category !!!\

Karen Goff