“Super clean hotel!!!”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Central Texas
“Super clean hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several days on a business trip to Abilene, and I was very impressed! The room is first and foremost - extremely clean! (That is actually my most important criteria!) The room is also quite spacious, with a couch/sitting area, desk to work at, medium size fridge, microwave, and all of the other normal amenities. I slept better in this bed than I do at home, and I have a new bed there!!! The staff were friendly and helpful. This will definitely be my go-to place to stay in Abilene for future trips. I highly recommend trying this hotel if you need a place to stay in Abilene - you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your compliments on the cleanliness of our hotel and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
El Paso, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had originally booked a different Comfort Suites in Abilene, but upon reading the Trip Advisor reviews, changed my reservation. I'm really glad I did! This hotel was really nice, the front desk clerk was cheerful and welcoming when I arrived at 9 pm after an 8 hour drive and I enjoyed the little goody bag!

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A little noisy from road noise on the highway side of the building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you and we hope to see you again
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Abilene, Texas is one of my favorite towns. It has great people, a lot to do (Paramount Theatre, Abilene Philharmonic, Frontier Texas, Buffalo Gap), good food (McKay's Bakery, Rick and Carolyn's burgers), and it's only a couple of hours from my home in Fort Worth.

The other weekend my wife and I drove out there to see "The Music Man" at the Paramount, and we stayed overnight at the Comfort Suites.

The room was large and comfortable. There was a divider between the living area and the bed, which gave the impression of being two rooms, though there was only one. The fridge was bigger than average for this sort of place, which is a nice plus if you've got a multi-day stay. The bed was fantastic, with a mattress that was neither too soft nor too firm. Despite being close to Interstate 20, the room was very quiet. Staff was friendly. Cookies at check-in were a tasty bonus.

Breakfast was free, and while nothing special in terms of taste, there were a lot of choices.

Only downside: Road construction that makes getting to the hotel a little challenging. Fine if you're headed westbound, but from any other direction you've got to know where to turn. (Hint: Take the road by the Lowe's entrance.)

Overall, I think this is my new favorite hotel in Abilene. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
thank you for your feedback and we utilize this information to make improvements in areas that it needs.
thank you again for business and we hope to see you again
Olympia, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The service here was nice, but we wished it had an indoor pool and breakfast was not good. I had to ask twice for coffee and the eggs were those rubbery patties becoming too common at Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites properties. One very nice touch was a goody bag for each of us to acknowledge Choice Privileges status. The snacks were very timely!

• Stayed November 2012
ComSuiUni, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for review, it seems that our hotel has been mistaken for another Comfort Suites hotel you stayed in, here in Abilene, we are located on Hwy I-20 and have an indoor pool and spa.
we appreciate you using Tripadvisor.
Management
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is just a few years old, is on I-20 at the extreme northern side of Abilene. We drove into Abilene for a funeral, spotted the hotel from the freeway, walked in around lunch time and were given exactly the kind of room we like: large, well appointed, top floor, the quiet side of the hotel. When we had a little trouble getting into the wireless network, a staff member came to the room and got us connected. She was personable, has worked for the Comfort chain planning new hotels, and we enjoyed meeting her and appreciated her help.

Because of its location at the edge of Abilene, this hotel may not be the best choice for people who have business in the heart of the city or at the medical complex.

Room Tip: We ask for a non-connecting room, top floor, quiet side of building and away from elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LMSWisconsin
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, and it was a pleasure meeting you also.
have a wonderful Christmas and new year.
Management
Eugene OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Minor issues: hard to find (TomTom GPS sent me miles away), and heavy street construction complicated getting to the place, presumably a temporary issue (early Nov 2012). Otherwise very nice. Would be a big improvement if they had airport transportation but none of the Abilene hotels seem to have a shuttle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a clean hotel with a decent rate. I have stayed here several times and will be back. The breakfast is average for this type of hotel and the service is above average. It is right off of 20 and has several chain restaurants close by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Abiuni, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We would like to thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel, we strive to provide excellent customer service and hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and please free to contact us to book your next stay.