Comfort Suites University
Residence Inn Abilene(Abilene)
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspanda expresschoice hotelsroom was cleanroad constructioncracker barrelstaff was friendlyhot tubhandicap roomindoor poolnew mexicovery nice hoteleasy accessdesk clerksausagenice stayhot breakfastwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Minor issues: hard to find (TomTom GPS sent me miles away), and heavy street construction complicated getting to the place, presumably a temporary issue (early Nov 2012). Otherwise very nice. Would be a big improvement if they had airport transportation but none of the Abilene hotels seem to have a shuttle.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a clean hotel with a decent rate. I have stayed here several times and will be back. The breakfast is average for this type of hotel and the service is above average. It is right off of 20 and has several chain restaurants close by.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Abiuni, Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We would like to thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel, we strive to provide excellent customer service and hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and please free to contact us to book your next stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was nice. Our room was clean and very nice. The view is not that great but wasn't really what we were going for. It's located close to everything: Restaurants, The Mall, Movies, Shopping, Etc. The pool is indoor and was great for our kiddos. The breakfast was yummy. Was a great stay and would recommend for other families.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
ComSuiUni, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your nice words.
we appreciate your business and hope to see you again

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was promptly greated and offered a great price, free breakfast was enjoyable, kids even found it to be decent. Rooms cute and well kept for age. Found overall worth more than I paid. I feel it was better than expected for such a undesirable town.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I picked this hotel because of the great reviews on tripadvisor, as I always do. This one was not as I expected. We arrived very late at night 1am or so and the doors were locked. I was trying to get in the hotel, when the clerk behind the desk told me to just push the doors open, which would of been fine, if I hadn't had my hands full with luggage. He eventually came over to open the doors and the first thing out of his mouth was they have to lock the doors because of all the strange things going on in the area. Then, upon arrival in the room we were greeted by two people in the hallway, outside of our room, apparently talking, quite loudly. We entered and the room was terrible. This place from the outside is very nice but from the inside this place is falling apart. I do not believe this place is a newer property but a remodeled one. The bathroom tile was cracked and falling apart, the comforters had stains as did the sheets. The walls are paper thin and lets just say there was quite a bit of activity next door. If it hadn't been so late at night I would of been out of there in a heartbeat. We skipped the breakfast as we couldn't wait to get out of this place and tried to complain to the lady at the desk but she said she had no authority to give us a refund. I would not recommend this place to a anyone. It was just too crappy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family