“The place the locals go!”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #38 of 279 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

TRH is consistently busy because they offer a good variety of tasty fare at reasonable prices. As another reviewer stated, this is a place to go when undecided. Guests can each choose a unique meal that suits their mood at the moment. I like simple and once I had the best chopped sirloin dinner ever here at this TRH location. Our experience with servers has always been outstanding. Oh! and don't forget the peanuts! I am being general in my review because we go there often. I've never had a bad experience with them.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Around here this is the most chosen eatery when the wife and I go out to settle the old "Where do you want to go?" dilemma. It is nearby and we can always find something good to eat. The service is pretty good, and there is enough variety in the menu to avoid choosing the same old stuff all the time. Food is cooked and served to order. I tune out the cowboy atmosphere for the most part. It's not overly rowdy. Just enough so as to allow conversation without sharing with everyone in the place.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I went there a couple weeks ago,for supper. I was greeted and seated.the waiter was nice ,asked what I wanted to drink,and brought some HOT rolls.I already knew what I wanted,and ordered a rare steak. Utterly the best. The room was brightly lit,and not too
busy. It was a wednesday,and Family night. The desserts are a added treat,if you have room?

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have visited this restaurant several times in the past, I even joined their newsletter where they send weekly specials.

Recently I was sent a coupon for what I thought was a birthday present ti dine on steak and a free mini-bucket dessert. Upon presenting the coupon, which I had received by email, to the server she said she had to show it to her manager, Danny Barck, in Abilene, TX. He came to our table and announced there had been several visitors to his restaurant with the same coupon/invitation and that it was "misworded". The birthday invitation was not for a steak as I and apparently several others had understood, but only for a mini-bucket dessert, I do not need or have dessert after dining on steak.

We will never return to this restaurant and consider the manager to practice very poor customer relations. When we stood to walk out, he made no attempt to apologize or to keep us by making the offer good. Tomorrow I will call corporate headquarters and report this incident and the poor management.

2  Thank ahvolare
Reviewed January 4, 2014

It might be a cultural difference, being that we are English on vacation. Waited for half an for a table, thinking this must be good to be so popular. It wasn't , fast food with little flavour, gimmicks to get you to overlook the poor food, free peanuts being one of them, this results in peanut shells all over the floor. I was offered marshmallow and caramel on my sweet potato, I laughed.

1  Thank somkart

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!