“Great choice in Abilene!”
Review of Days Inn Abilene

Days Inn Abilene
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Garden City, Kansas
“Great choice in Abilene!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is an older Best Western, but clean and well maintained. We will stay here again on the way to Fredricksburg. It is very handy at the Junction of 83/84 highways. Lots of dining available in the area within walking distance, as well as a large mall. The rate we had was fantastic...unbelieveable really for the quality. Good choice!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
wiexpo, Director of Sales at Days Inn Abilene, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Whitten South. Life can be full of choices, but when traveling it is nice to find a place that is accommodating. Please be sure to stay again when you are planning to be in the Abilene area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I turned up here late Sunday evening while travelling around Texas on our vacation. We were warmly welcomed and pointed in the direction of local eateries. We chose the hotel as it was described as 'recently remodelled' and it proved to be in a good state. For us, a great stopover with excellent local amenities. But most of all the thing that comes to mind is that the front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We (myself, husband and toddler) stayed here on a Sunday night. The front desk lady was very nice and even offered my toddler a sucker when she was upset and crying. We were offered a choice between a small bottle of wine or a can of beer. We chose the wine. The room was what I expected as we have been staying in Best Westerns throughout our long road trip. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the pillows were typical Best Western meaning either firm or super fluffy. It was cold for us so we turned on the heater and the room heated up within minutes. We were able to keep the heat between 72 and 74 degrees.

My toddler took a bath tub bath and I would only suggest a bath mat for the tub. My husband and I both took showers and found the water pressure and water temperature fine. I did like that the shower curtain and bath towels were a cream color instead of the typical white. I actually found that refreshing. I used the iron and it worked good for a hotel iron, I had no problems with it. The television channel choices were good and the television is a nice size.

We did have breakfast and one of the lady's in the breakfast room was sooooooo helpful. I was preparing food for my whole party while they all slept and she offered me trays to put the food on and even carried two trays off food back to the room for me as I had my toddler in my arms. She also made two cups of coffee for me and prepared a perfect amount of sugar and creamer so we could sweeten the coffee once back in the room. This the most helpful person I have come across in a hotel. I wish I would have caught her name to give her recognition here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The staff were exceptionally nice, and the price was reasonable. It was accommodating to us traveling with a small dog. It's easy in and out, and we were able to park directly outside our room on the lower level. Breakfast was nice, and again the staff there was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cypress, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is one of the best Best Westerns we have used. Well trained, friendly and helpful staff - so refreshing to have a caring team. Mary and Janelle on the front desk are so nice. We had an unusual schedule, and the housekeeping staff adapted to our timing - impressive!! Well appointed room, with a new, oversized leather rocker recliner and a big flat screen TV. ( I will have to find one of those recliners for home - super comfortable.) Great towels. Breakfast has hot food (eggs, bacon, biscuits with sausage gravy) along with quality food products. Complimentary USA Today or the local paper. Get ready to feel like you are at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bridgenutt
La Veta, Colorado
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Easy access to this hotel in a major shopping area with many eating establishments nearby. You will be greeted professionally and cordially by staff and offered either a couple of beers or small bottles of wine on your arrival. A nice thoughtful gesture for someone coming in from a long trip. All the rooms I have stayed in have been upgraded with great furniture - even recliners. Great wifi and the beds are incredibly comfortable. Room pricing is competitive. We enjoyed a good, hot breakfast with lots of variety of items to choose from. It's going to be hard to find a better Best Western.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel are quiet as they back up to a large parking area for a shopping...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Universal City
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very nice hotel. We had dinner reservations at the Perini Ranch Steakhouse in Buffalo Gap. This hotel was one block from Buffalo Gap Road, 15-20 minutes from the restaurant. The hotel was clean, everything worked, staff was friendly and helpful (looked up the steakhouse to give me an estimate of driving time). Next time I am in Abilene, I will stay at BW Whitten South.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple