“Very good accommodations”

Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and two grandsons stayed here on our way to the Grand Canyon. We found the service to be very good and the accommodations were exelent. The staff was very friendly and we did not have any issues. I can't understand some of the negative comments. For us this was the first of 9 stays with Hampton, and every one was great.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and we did not know if others were around as the unit was relativel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sandor K,

I am so pleased to hear that the Hampton Inn Brand is your top choice when traveling. We are happy to have been your first of 9 stays with Hampton on your road trip to and from the Grand Canyon!

Thank you for taking the time to provide a wonderful and kind review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great experience with our staff being friendly and accommodating. We look forward to seeing you back with us on your next road trip through the area!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The A/C unit was so loud it kept us up all night. The room was extremely dusty and seemed as though it hadn't been cleaned properly for a long time. The breakfast had run out of fruit and there was nobody there to ask for more food.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Melissa L,

I first of all would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us while in the Abilene area. I am terribly sorry to hear about your stay and the discomfort that you experienced. I do not understand what happened in regards to your stay. I am speaking with all departments involved - maintenance and housekeeping about the different issue that you experienced.

I again apologize for your experience and assure you that we are working on getting these issues eliminated. Thank you for xhoosing the Hampton Inn & Suites - Abilene I-20.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Did not honor State discount and staff was very rude. Room was very small. The hotel was located far from downtown. Room was clean and it was a pleasent stay but very disappointed with my experience. I will never stay at Hampton very again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Marky V,

Thank you for completing a review about your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing up the government rate in your review. Anyone can go online and book the government per diem rate. It is up to the hotel to validate the stay as a legitimate government booking. Upon check-in a government ID is to be provided and the purpose of the stay must be on government business (not for leisure travel). I apologize about disappointment that you encountered upon checking-in and that you were not allowed the government per diem rate while traveling for pleasure.

I appreciate your additional comments about the room being clean and pleasant while you stayed with us. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites – Abilene I-20.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went to breakfast at 9:22 am and there was almost nothing left when we asked the lady in charge she has a very bad attitiude and said the only breakfast left was want was on the counters. We couldnt even get batter to make us a waffle, there was only sausage no eggs and no gravy also i had to ask the lady at the counter for cofffee there was none not even decaf.

1  Thank anna a
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear anna a,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff, as we are always wanting to improve. I want to personally apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. Our management teams has spoken to the team member who was working that morning and are taking measures to make sure that this type of attitude does not happen again. We do not find this type of behavior acceptable on any level. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. And I apologize for it happening in the first place.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I really enjoyed our 3 night stay at this hotel while in town for college orientation. The hotel is decorated nicely and clean. Cookies and lemonade greeted us in the evening. They have a nice outdoor pool and hot tub. My husband used the fitness room (but did wish there were some free weights or weight machines). The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was nice with plenty of cabinet/counter space. There was a microwave and small fridge in the room as well. The breakfasts were good-eggs and sausage varieties, fresh fruit, waffle maker, yogurt, oatmeal, and pastries. Typical hotel spread. Staff accommodated our desire to have a late check out which was nice. Location not far from restaurants and Walmart as well as ACU. Will be back!

Room Tip: Fourth floor on the top was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
abilenehamptonsuites, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Texans112,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during the ACU Passport for new students! I am so glad that we were your choice in lodging for your visit to Abilene. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us!

I am so happy to hear that we are your new favorite hotel in Abilene! Since we are just right up the road from ACU, it makes for a short trip to campus. I am glad that you enjoyed our varieties at breakfast changing each morning so you get a little something different each day!

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Remember to book in advance for ACU event weekends like Homecoming, Sing Song, and Graduation!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here again a couple of times in the past weeks. This hotel continues to be clean and comfortable. Spacious rooms and bathroom with everything in excellent working condition. Very close to a commercial/retail area with lots of stores and dining choices.

Free Internet worked well.

Just far enough off the Interstate that you don't hear traffic noise, even from rooms facing toward the highway.

Here is the main reason I did a second review - First Class Customer Service! One of the nights I was there, a terrible hailstorm passed through. Rear windows in about a dozen cars in the parking lot were smashed. The hotel brought in extra staff to help remove rain water from the vehicles and to tape plastic sheets over the demolished windows. I don't know if other hotels in the area provided this type of caring customer service, but this one did!

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear toomuchtravel,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a second review this month in regards to your many stays with us. Thank you for your superior praise in regards to our team here after the hail storm! Everyone did a wonderful job to pull together to take care of our guests and make the best of an unfortunate event. Thank you again for your wonderful words about our team!

Thank you for your loyalty and we will see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Hampton Inn in Abilene was a good selection at a fair price for the area. The staff was friendly, hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. Good wifi and selection of TV channels.

The breakfast was typical for the Hampton Inn chain.

I would stay at the Hampton Inn Abilene if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear exptraveller501,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us! I am very pleased that you found our accommodations to be a good value for your money with our clean rooms and friendly staff! Our channel line up with DirecTV is something that we are very proud of with over 100 HD channels offered, plus the lineup is the same as your home lineup if you have DirecTV.

We look forward to having you back with us if you find yourself in Abilene again!