“Nice & Quiet”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Lubbock, United States
“Nice & Quiet”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I wasn't expecting it to be so quiet being right off the Interstate but it was great. The hotel staff were very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The pool was closed which was kind of disappointing but the hotel was great other than that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Byron L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent visit. I appreciate your compliments about our location and how pleased you were with the noise level since we are just off Interstate 20 at exit 286c and with the cleanliness of our rooms. I do want to apologize for our pool being closed during your stay. We have been diligently working to resolve the issue with our pump not working effectively. Thank you again! I hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Abilene.

~James Moore, Associate General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Houston, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was OK as a business stayover, but I was traveling with a toddler. There was a 10 minute delay on checkin because only one person was on staff when I arrived. The manager was nice, but waiting for 10 minutes while trying to keep a toddler entertained close to their bed time is difficult at best.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Ms. Shelly P,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the delay with your check-in and the length of time that it took for the guest service associate to assist you. We are a 72 room property and sometimes two employees on duty is not feasible. I assure you that we follow all of Hilton’s standards and strive to offer the best customer service available. The evening you checked-in, the guest service associate was resolving an issue with another guest. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you while waiting with your toddler.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This Hampton was no exception to the other Hamptons we stayed in on our cross country trip. This chain must have a very effective quality system.Room was clean, everything functional then... great breakfast inthe morning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Walt W,

Thank you for the kind review about our property and the Hampton Brand! We strive to offer the best in service and hospitality. I am glad that you were able to take advantaged of and enjoy our Hot-On-The-House Breakfast between 6-10am. Thank you again for taking time to submit a review for our hotel!

College Station, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Service was very good, but room was infested with small black bugs that were in the beds, bathroom and on the floor - sufficient enough to be very visible and disturbing when found in the beds, on the floor, in the tub, toilet and flying around the room at any lighted surface. Rate for room was more than anticipated given we had been there only a few months prior at a much lesser rate. Disappointing for experience of less than perfect rooming accomodations.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. Next time you plan on visiting Abilene, please consider us as an option. I am confident that when you stay with us again you will see that this is an irregular occurrence.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Desk clerk was awesome. She was cheerful, enthusiastic and helpful. I had requested a room away from the elevator and vending machines and when I got to the room it was the opposite of my request. I thought I was in for a hassle getting the room changed but to my surprise the situation was corrected with a smile and an upgrade. Management offers warm cookies and a surprise, fresh made popcorn.
Room was very clean and well maintained with standard Hampton Inn bathroom toiletries. Bed was comfortable and flat screen TV had a large channel choice. My room was on the pool side and people were enjoying the facility so if pool noise bothers you ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel. Breakfast is standard Hampton but everything was at the correct temperature. My only complaint was that the coffee was not hot and had to be nuked in the microwave to get it warm enough. Check out was fine with no issues and they even had water out to go which was a pleasant addition.
This hotel has nothing around it so you will drive to get dinner or entertainment. The only restaurant was a Denny's.
This is a good choice for a business stay or when visiting the area. I will use this Hampton again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel. I greatly appreciate the feedback you have provided. I want to apologize that we did not get you situated in the correct location when you first checked-in. However, I am pleased that you had no trouble in getting your room switched to the location you desired. Thank you again for your great feedback! And I assure you, we will do better about making sure we have HOT coffee available.

Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here one night while in town on business. The location on IH 20 is great if you are passing through town. It's about a 10 minute drive to downtown and about 15 minutes to the southwest part of town. There are a couple of small restaurants nearby and more one or two interchanges to the east (SH 351).

Breakfast wasn't that impressive on my one morning there, so I opted for something on my way to meetings.

Rooms are very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Everything was in good working order. Staff was friendly and helpful and check-out and check-in. Even though the hotel is located near the Interstate, it's set far enough back that I didn't notice any disturbing noise. If you have business in town, there are closer hotels, but sometimes this one has the best rates of the local Hilton family hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your comments and suggestions for other travelers. I apologize that we did not have any breakfast items that you were interested in the morning that you checked out. Our breakfast rotates on a daily basis, so each day is different than the day before. Thank you again for the review! We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a quick overnight stay for business. We were very satisfied with our stay. We feel we received a great value. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful and the hotel was service animal friendly. We also had a great breakfast the next morning in the large and very comfortable breakfast/lobby area. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

abilenehamptonsuites, Associate General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Pam, thank you for your great feedback about our property and your stay with us! I really appreciate your compliments about our breakfast. In case you did not know, we have a variety of hot items that rotate on a daily basis. So if you come visit us again for more than just a quick overnight business trip, you will get a variety for breakfast every morning you are here! Thank you again for your comments!