“Hampton Inn and Suites I-20”

Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Super clean and modern. No WiFi issues. Very friendly and helpful staff. I arrived two hours early and my room was ready. There is only a Dennys near by but drive throughs are only a couple miles away. I would definately recommend this location is you are visiting Abilene.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tracy F
abilenehamptonsuites, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on the quality of our cleanliness and helpful staff. I am pleased to hear our StayConnected internet program with AT&T was trouble-free for you! We are not always able to check-in guests early but I am pleased to hear our front desk was able to accommodate quickly! We appreciate you bringing the dining options to other traveler’s attention. The Denny’s is in walk-able distance, just right across the street from our hotel. Two miles west (off of Exit 288) are quite a few restaurant options e.g. Chili’s, Jason’s Deli, Cracker Barrel, Chik Fil A, Dairy Queen, Wendy’s and Subway. Abilene has a number of delivery services as well! We hope to see again the next time you’re stopping in Abilene!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a last minute trip to Abilene and needed a place to stay near the ACU campus. We booked a suite with a king bed. The room was very large and comfortable. It was clean and the towels were fluffy and fresh. The breakfast was way more than I expected. The choices were amazing and the area to eat was clean and bright and inviting. We would absolutely stay here again when in Abilene.

Room Tip: The price for a king suite was the same as the price for a regular king.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank EandEmom

We appreciate you writing such a positive review for our hotel! I am glad we were able to meet and exceed your expectations for our cleanliness and hot-on-the-house breakfast! We keep our breakfast on a daily rotation so our guests can try something different each day (which is really nice if you have an extended stay). I am glad you could find a convenient lodging location near ACU which is only 2.5 miles away from us! Perhaps on your next stay, we will have our special to book any room including suites at the same rate! We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Abilene!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff here at the Hampton was fantastic. Dianna and Narjah were amazing and super friendly. they remember all of my groups names and other travelers. The rooms were spacious and clean. just 5 minutes to Downtown and convenient off I-20. I would recommend this Hampton any day for Business travelers who want personal attention on long stays or just the overnight guest who wants a great hotel to crash for the night.
the only negative is the slamming doors when they shut but the staff assured me they are working on this and should be fixed soon.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor to avoid people walking on top of you while you sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank kjay67

Thank you for taking the time to submit such an outstanding review for our property! We are happy that our staff kept you and your colleagues feeling welcomed. I have shared your review with Diana and Najwa (her names gets misspelled a lot haha) and they were happy to have made a memorable difference for your stay!
And yes, we have found a solution for the door slamming. We will be installing the soft door closers in all of our guest rooms and suites soon. Thank you again for the kind words!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice place to stay. Only down side is that you have to go up one exit to get a variety of restaurants (only Denny's at this particular exit). Had a great room and the jacuzzi bath was an added bonus!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jhereg999

Thank you for such a helpful review! I am glad we could treat you to one of our wonderful whirlpool tubs during your stay! I appreciate you bringing the restaurant locations to other traveler’s attention. The Denny’s is right across the street and in walk-able distance from our hotel. Two miles west (off of Exit 288) are quite a few restaurant options e.g. Chili’s, Jason’s Deli, Cracker Barrel, Chik Fil A, Dairy Queen, Wendy’s and Subway. Abilene, also, has a great selection of delivery services if you want to just relax in our Hampton beds all day!

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Selected this hotel because of its location. It is well appointed and clean. Staff was very nice. The only troublesome point is that the front door going into the lobby is locked at 11pm therefore you must use one of the side entrances if you are already registered. There is a card swipe by the phone at the main entrance but it did not work. That would have been helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank confirmedrealist

I am pleased to hear our location was convenient for your stay and even more so that we met and exceeded your expectations for the quality of cleanliness and hospitality. I apologize for the inconvenience for the inaccessible front door. We have protocol to follow during later hours to insure our guests’ and staff’s safety. However, there is a house phone in our foyer to contact our front desk who can unlock the doors for you. Our back and side entrances are accessible with a guest key card at all hours, too. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Abilene.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This Hampton Inn is staffed by the most friendly people imaginable. Encountered several employees in different aspects of their work and all greeted us with a smile & a friendly comment. Very clean lobby & room. Got a King Studio Suite, which was really large by my standards. Mini-kitchen with sink, fridge, microwave. Table & chairs. Separate seating area with comfortable sofa & chair. TV swivels to view from any area in the room. King bed with nightstands; one dresser. Sink/mirror outside separate tub/toilet area, which is handy for two people getting dressed at one time. Ironing board, iron, hair dryer, coffee pot, popcorn complete the room. Breakfast had good variety & a comfortable, pleasantly decorated seating area slightly apart from the serving area. What's not to like?

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room on the upper (4th) floor on the back side, away from the interstate highway. Ple...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Terri H
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very nice place to stay. Convenient location just off I-20. Beautiful lobby and room. Everything's clean. Very comfortable bed (slept an extra hour). 5 mb/sec download speed on Wi-Fi. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple