“Great hotel!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was here on business, and this happened to be a good deal (price-wise) and was not very far from my meeting place downtown. The hotel is a little out of the way, but not difficult to find. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was great--cozy and just the right amount of firmness. There was no bathtub in my bathroom, just a big shower, but that wasn't a big deal to me. I didn't spend a great deal of time in the room, but I am VERY picky about my hotel rooms--and this one met or exceeded all my expectations. The hotel staff was always friendly. Didn't sample the breakfast or the pool, but both looked to be more than adequate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Abilene I-20

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Very nice newer hHpton Inn. All the ammenities you come to expect with hampton Inn. It is a little out there by itself, but hey, if you are there you have a car and you can drive anywhere in 5 to 15 minutes. It was the perfect place for us to spend the night on the way to EL Paso, and the staff was SUPER friendly.

Room Tip: Top floor is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ponyman1
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I have stayed here numerous times and have never had a bad experience. The staff is friendly and attentive, the breakfast is good and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I love Hampton beds. The best out there. The property as a whole is clean, well-lit and a good value. The only issue is really not their fault at all, but it's just not near anything. You have to drive to all the good restaurants, shops or sites. Now a drive in Abilene really isn't that far no matter where you are, but it can still cause some inconvenience. I stay here because I'm in town for business, actually west on I-20, and I don't mind swinging into town for Starbucks on the way out of town or getting on the road for dinner. But if I were traveling to Abilene to actually see Abilene, I'd probably have to stay in town. I don't think any of the other hotels are as nice, but if I was on leisure time I wouldn't like the driving back and forth.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Standard Hampton amenities (which I think are very nice and comfortable for the price), but the location is one exit away from where it should have been placed. As it is, it's behind a dicey convenience store and gas station. The landscaping could use an upgrade as well. The staff, however, is delightful.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We were in Abilene, TX to visit relatives and friends, and found the hearty breakfasts and comfortable rooms very nice, while outside we had 40 mph winds with 95 degree temperatures. One morning we were able to use the outside pool and jacuzzi, when the wind slowed down.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We had taken a lot of trouble to decide between the two Hampton Inn’s in Abilene, and choose this one partly because of the pleasant conversation we had with the clerk on the phone, and the location with some open space around it. That clerk didn’t seem to be there when we were, and the space turned out to be a vacant lot which was going to have something in it soon. The desk clerk we had at check in was unpleasant, unresponsive and unsympathetic. Although we requested hypoallergenic pillows in advance, they weren’t in our room and when we told her we were allergic to feathers, the attitude of her response that she only had one was "too bad." The room was clean, but tiny and we could hear our neighbors through paper-thin walls. The hotel website talks a lot about Texas history, however aside from a very nice mural in the breakfast area the rest of the furnishings could have been anywhere. The business center was in a private area with decent workspace, but I would have preferred a better printer. The location was good for access to the highway while not being surrounded by pavement or stores, but that did make it a longish drive to find a good place to eat. (Just how do the ad writers define "nearby?")

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2010

This Hampton was nicer than most I've stayed in and I'm assuming it's not very old. I didn't get in until about 8pm so I did not spend a whole lot of time there, but the desk clerk was helpful with directions, etc and gave me a very nice room (King Study Suite?) The drive to the aiport was only about 10 minutes. Also, I was on the 3rd floor and had no issues with the high speed wireless, so I can confirm they apparently resolved any prior issues.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business