Civic Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Abilene)
Whitten Inn(Abilene)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Here for work for a training,my supervisor reserved the room for me,i am assuming because it is near the place where my training will take place....needless to say i wish i could have found this website with reviews before i made it to abilene....the room is not very clean,the are a few supicious looking people around.there are spider webs in the corners,I would leave & find something else but it simply not in my budget.I do not think i will get much sleep tonight! I wll to worried that someone will break into my car or my room! It is going to be a long night! i would not recommend that any one stay here! it would be ok for maybe oilfield workers or soemthing like that but not anyone else!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank eagleeye_10
rodewayinnabilenetx, Webmaster at Civic Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center for your recent stay in our area.

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Management and security staff were informed of your report of what you considered suspicious looking people around the property and instructed to see to it that our valued guests are properly protected.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

My plans changed and I needed to cancel my reservation. Called the hotel (within the 24 hr period) and RECEIVED a cancellation number. My credit card was charge anyway. Now the Manager will not take my phone call or return any of my calls. If you choose to stay here, my recommendation is to not give the a valid credit card number. Because you will be called a liar if you need to cancel and you will be charged anyway. Good Luck

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank MH080610

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your intentions to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center during your intended visit to our area. I am sorry that something came up causing you to have to cancel your reservation.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following step was taken:

1) The manager was approached concerning why your cancellation was not properly honored and why your calls were not taken or returned..

2) The manager received additional training concerning the courteous, respectful, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you plan to visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

My wife and I stayed here often in the past and it was adequate for a budget-priced motel back then but my! Things have changed! This was the only available space on Western Heritage weekend but next time we will stay in Sweetwater or some other near-by town. Room was poorly cleaned; the bathroom was frightening, the environment was scary. I can't even begin to describe the restaurant. To top it off, they double billed me at a rate $20 greater than the price on the agreement. Stay away. Stay away.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlreadyRetired

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

2) Security was notified that you reported that you found the environment scarey and instructed to see to it that our valued guests are properly protected.

3) Management was instructed to look into the matter of your being double billed.

Reviewed October 26, 2008

This is the worst hotel ever! There were roaches in our smelly room. The staff let thugs loiter in the parking lot. We decided not to stay and when we tried to check out they were uncooperative and tried to use the excuse the roches were there b/c they sprayed that day. THERE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY IN THE FIRST PLACE. The man at the counter mumble and would not make eye contact and the other man with him was rude.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank amber76504

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was notified of the report of roaches in the room assigned to you. They were instructed to see to their extermination.

2) Desk staff received additional training concerning the courteous, respectful, helpful manner if which they are to treat our valued guests.

3) Security staff was notified of your report of individuals whom you identified as thugs hanging around the parking lot and instructed to see to the proper protection of our valued guests.

Reviewed August 2, 2008

I stayed here with two co-workers as part of a business trip in Abilene. Our meeting ended at 8 p.m., which ended up being a blessing in disguise, because that cut down on the amount of time that I had to spend in my dirty room. I should've known that this hotel was going to be a bad one when I saw the sign behind the check-in desk that said "You have 15 minutes to inspect your room. If you have any problems with it, you can obtain a full refund." The only reason we stayed here is because all of the other rooms in town were booked, and believe me--as soon as we saw our rooms, we started calling around to other hotels.

The room smelled terrible, like it hadn't been aired out in a decade. The curtains didn't close all the way. The bathtub looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in a year, and the shower curtain had an orange mildew ring on the bottom. The toilet didn't appear to have been cleaned, and the bathroom floor had hairs on it. The carpet had an iron burn on it. The sheets on my bed had a cigarette burn in them, and 2 of the 3 pillows had hairs on them. I ended up sleeping with a towel over the pillow because I wasn't positive that the sheets had been washed. The refrigerator appeared to have coffee dried on it, from where someone had spilled and never cleaned it up. When we checked in, the attendant told us that breakfast was donuts and coffee. It turned out to be Little Debbie snacks and black coffee--no sugar, creamer, milk, etc.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank TexBecks

Dear Guest,

1) Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.