“Plaza needs to be removed from name!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Civic Plaza Hotel

Civic Plaza Hotel
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Plaza needs to be removed from name!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2004

The hotel sits in the class of Budget inn,Relax inn,Truckers inn. The hotel is a run down Quality Inn.I did not experience any problems with the staff.The rooms are very dated and smell like an old hotel room.Nothing Offensive just the old musty hotel room.(I pack air freshner). The rate i paid was like $66.00...Way to high for this property. The only reason I stayed here was they supposadly had a bar. Well they do,Just Beer & wine. No Crowd on a friday just me and the barmaid and the owner. I do have one thing to say..The Tv's in the rooms are great...Big 32"'s ,clear channels.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
rodewayinnabilenetx, Webmaster at Civic Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. I am pleased that you considered the TV’s in the rooms to be great.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. I think you will be grealy pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2004

I have stayed at the Civic Center Hotel numerous times and I have always enjoyed my stay. Clean rooms and curteous staff. This place is an easy recommendation.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2004

I stayed at the Civic Center Hotel and had a great experience. I recommend!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ft lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2003

I love to stay at the Civic Plaza Hotel. The guest services and rooms are far superior to other local hotels. I was surprised to learn that guests are given a free meal at the restaurant - the food was great. I also found the employees very courteous and friendly.

This is a definite recommendation!!!!!!

2 Thank robertabc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2003

Our friends here in Abilene made Reservations for us to go to the Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner at the Civic Center. We had stayed here before, but were shocked to see, that this once beautiful property is going down hill. It is sad that older properties like this one is not maintained. The outside of this property needs help bad. There was trash all in the landscaping that looked like it belonged in the desert somewhere. The entrance was just not kept up.The rooms were very musty, carpets filthy, front desk staff very rude, our key cards did not work, the sheets were stained and very thin, the towels were almost in shreads. The breakfast in the restaurant was cold and did not look very fresh. We tried lunch and there were only small portions of 3 items, so we went elsewhere to say the least. Downtown needs a nice property to reflect Abilene's beautiful Civic Center.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Maintenance staff received additional training in properly maintaining the grounds of the establishment.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) The breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

4) The front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

5) The front desk staff received additional training in programming the key cards.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these Abilene hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2003

I came to Abilene for my cousin's wedding and we staying at the Quality Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They are definitely family oriented. I have a new born baby and they had a bassinet for me to use. The rooms were very clean compared to other hotels where I've stayed in the past. The swimming pool was clean and we enjoyed swimming everyday. The housekeeping staff was very good; they cleaned the room very thoroughly everyday. When I come back to Abilene I will definitely stay at the Quality Inn Civic Center.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2003

Our family reunion this year was much better then it was last year at a different hotel in Abilene. My family was pleased with the spacious banquet room and the amenities this hotel has to offer! Not only was the staff professional, but very courteously and helpful. The rooms at Quality Inn were clean, spacious with new furniture. The restaurant and bar, which is conveniently located in the hotel, offers a great variety of food and drinks! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member