“Our Family Reunion was the best ever!”
Review of Civic Plaza Hotel

and 1 more site!
Civic Plaza Hotel
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
L.A., CA
Reviewed August 26, 2003

Our family reunion this year was much better then it was last year at a different hotel in Abilene. My family was pleased with the spacious banquet room and the amenities this hotel has to offer! Not only was the staff professional, but very courteously and helpful. The rooms at Quality Inn were clean, spacious with new furniture. The restaurant and bar, which is conveniently located in the hotel, offers a great variety of food and drinks! I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 17, 2003

This is hotel is great place to stay. The rooms are very spacious with brand new amenities (ie big TV's). Some of things that made this place stand out to me were the good employees, out-going management, nice pool, and restaurant/bar. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to everyone (great family hotel environment).

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2003

I went to see some family that was staying at this place and unbelieveable, there was Ft. Desk staff that just got out of bed, with their wrinkled clothes, talking on the phone and too damn busy arguing with their friend on the phone. The Restaurant was horrible. You could not visit in a room for all of the furniture. Nasty Nasty people were walking around the property. The Van they have for transportation I guess, is the worst looking thing, maybe they think this is great decoration in front of the Hotel. I went to the Administrative Offices to try to get help locating my families room and a trash can would have been cleaner than that office. Again, very unproffessional staff. The family said that their keys did not work and they returned more than once to get another one, great service! I would not recommend this MOTEL TO ANYONE AGAIN!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
rodewayinnabilenetx, Webmaster at Civic Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Dear Visitor,

I hope you had a good visit with your family members who were stay ing at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Staff members received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests and their visitors.

3) Desk staff received additional training in programming the key cards.

I hope that if you come to our area to visit, you will decide to stay at Rodeway Inn Downtown Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers also viewed these Abilene hotels
Sleep Inn & Suites University
#26 of 37 in Abilene
Emerald Inn Expo
Emerald Inn Expo
#27 of 37 in Abilene

Been to Civic Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Civic Plaza Hotel

Address: 505 Pine St, Abilene, TX 79601-5109
Location: United States > Texas > Abilene
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Abilene
Hotel Class:2 star — Civic Plaza Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Civic Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Knights Inn Abilene