“Pretty Good Food”

Ranked #5 of 281 Restaurants in Abilene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I'll cut to the chase, the food here is pretty good. We really like the steak, chicken fried steak and chicken strips and gravy. It probably is one of the best steaks in Abilene if you don't count the steak house in Buffalo Gap. The down side is their dinner salad is tiny (similar to a cafe style) and they charge for everything $$. Also, beware of the ladies room, it is clean but always has a very foul smell.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

WOW! Awesome bread to wonderful portions! The staff is great. Service was out of this world. Loved it! Will stop again!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great selection, portions are large, service is top-flight, best of the cowboy artist world on the walls, can work for groups of all sizes. There are three steakhouses in West Texas we frequent with our out of town friends, this is one of the highlights. A good trip every time.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I’ll cut to the chase and state that my rib eye steak (The Abilenian) was one of the best I’ve eaten; easily 10/10. My wife’s Filet was good but not great I’ll say: 8/10. There is only one salad side offered and a variety of potato and sweet potato sides. With an appetizer and two beers the tab reached $75 plus tip.

The rest of the experience is difficult to describe and somewhat disappointing - but largely due to our misunderstanding of the restaurant. Through various recommendations and reviews, we were looking for and expected, somewhat fine dining with linen and a nicely appointed table. What we found was an unpadded wooden-benched booth with a table covered with brown paper in a room of minimal décor and no ambiance. Neither the plastic plates nor the staff wearing frumpy cowboy hats added to the experience.

Overall, it was not bad; just not what we were expecting. If you are a true steak lover – go back to my first sentence. It was truly a great steak.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I took my husband and son to my favorite restaurant in Abilene - I have so many memories of great food and great service and got neither at 4 in the afternoon on a Thursday.
The food took forever - 6 cars in the parking lot when we got there.
The steak were cooked correctly - but the waitress switched the medium and the medium rare and did not try to verify who had what.
I used to love the Blue Cheese salad with Filet Mignon - the filet was waaayyy over cooked and was barely warm - had to search for the blue cheese chunks that used to be easy to find.
Will not be back - it was an expensive disappointment for the level of service and quality of food we had on this visit.