“Slow Service”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Abilene
“Slow Service”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were seated by the hostess and it took more than ten minutes for a server to acknowledge us and that's after I got her attention. Servers had walked right by us no less than six times and the guy who ended up being our server actually waited on the table right next to us and refilled their drinks. The food was good and affordable averaging about $10 each for a meal.

• Visited August 2013

Abilene, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service! Great Food!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Service was Excellent! Very friendly staff! Food was delicious! Got the sour cream chicken enchiladas and they were seasoned to perfection! Cesar the General Manager came by our table to say hello and see how we were doing! Great dining experience!

• Visited July 2013
Sweetwater, Texas
“Great Wait Staff”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice. During my first visit Marco was my waiter. He was so helpful and suggested the Top Shelf Chicken Flauta Casadia. Because that experience was so pleasant I went there again to order the same thing. I'm sad to say, both visits proved the hostess needs more training. However, once again the wait staff was great. Lisa and Samantha did a very good job even tho they were short handed with only one cook in the kitchen. Cesar, the manager, can be proud of all that they do. If you are in Abilene Mall stop by.

• Visited May 2013
Sweetwater, Texas
“Try it again!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Over the years, this El Chico has been a negative experience with food not worthy of the El Chico brand name. We gave them a try last weekend and it was AWESOME!! The manager even came around checking on us. I'm so glad they've improved and are now worthy to carry the El Chico name!

Tuscola, Texas
“Really good food”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Great food, the only downside for me is that it's in the mall and I don't like hunting for a parking space.

Been to El Chico Restaurant? Share your experiences!