“Best Mexican Food I've had in Texas so Far”

Alfredo's Mexican Food
Ranked #189 of 281 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I am Mexican and have been living in the Austin area for about 8 years and had never found a Mexican restaurant worth writing a review for until I went to Alfredos in Abilene, TX. I am excited to have finally found a real good Mexican restaurant and with great prices. The tostadas with shredded beef are just AWESOME. The machaca with egg and chorizo and egg platters are very good. I am addicted to this place; every time i visit Abilene i go straight to Alfredos,. I love it that they pretty much prepare all dishes with shredded beef. Oh and the taco salad is great! .. i cant wait till I visit Abilene again LOL

2  Thank june2009

Reviewed June 2, 2008

There are some hoity-toity types who would laugh off my proclamation of Alfredo's being the No. 1 eatery in Abilene, calling it the "misinformed ravings of an unrefined sloth, who eats merely to fill his belly, rather than to enjoy the edible poetry that is *true* gourmet cuisine," or some such nonsense.

Well I'd choose a gigantic, mouth-watering, $3.49 plate of chips and guacamole from Alfredo's over a business card-sized piece of steak and two sticks of asparagus for $45 from Café Pretension any day of the week.

In high school, I had the fortune of living less than two blocks away from an Alfredo's. Needless to say, I developed quite a taste for their delicious, authentic and rightly priced food at an early age.

I live in El Paso now and sadly only get to dine at Alfredo's when I come to visit my family in Abilene, but I *always* take the time to eat there at least once whenever I do so. After being greeted by my mom at the Abilene Airport last year upon my homecoming from a 10-month deployment to Iraq, the first place I wanted to go was Alfredo's. Yeah, it's that good.

I'm telling you, try their chips with guac or their rolled tacos (also with guac) and tell me I'm wrong.

Reviewed August 5, 2007

Being a native I've grown up with Tex-Mex, and this restaurant is above average 99% of the time on 99% of what they serve. Any of their dishes with carne asada are great ----very good quality meat. They also use real cheese on their enchiladas and the like. I eat there at least once a week and highly recommend it for good to great, reasonably priced Tex-Mex. Try the carne asada burrito - it's huge and cost $3.50.

1  Thank LoboTX