“A nice surprise”

Ranked #20 of 281 Restaurants in Abilene
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I went with friends to Cypress Street one night during my visit to Abilene. It was one of the best meals I have had in town. I had the Salmon and it was fantastic. The sides were great with it. Don't miss the raspberry tea. The desserts are amazing. I had peach cobbler, but the creme brûlée came highly recommended.

The service was quick and friendly. The atmosphere (with the exception of a couple of flies) was very good. It was bustling but quiet enough to talk and the building was really interesting. Great place!

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Well yes they claim to make beer here. Tastes like extract kits to me. Leaves mouth syrupy and not very good at all. Food was mediocre at best.
I find people in Abilene rate too easy or they've never experienced quality before.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant expecting a niche type culinary adventure in the cultural district of Abilene.

The decor was adrift in the 80's and the big screen tv and karaoke in the main dining room was an eyesore blocking the front windows. The carpet is pathetically dirty...so much so that it appears black until one notices the original multi-hued pattern near fixed objects.

This was a lunch visit. We found the menu to be confused in culinary identity. We ordered a burger selection and the fish n chips. The fish and fries were both of the supermarket frozen foods variety. The burger was uninspired and bland. Conversation with our server by guests at a nearby table revealed the server admitting he did not know the details of the certain menu offering and had never had it himself.

What a great location and opportunity. What a shame to see it wasted. There are lots of places in Abilene that serve better, tastier and higher quality food.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Local brewed beer! Pecan crusted salmon is Ammmmaazzzing!! my husband got the baseball steak crusted in blue cheese and loved it. Our waiter was amazing and knew the full menu!

1  Thank Mommy_tabby
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Nice restaurant to grab dinner and drinks. Lovely location, worth the stop if you are in downtown Abilene.

1  Thank Ashley B