“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #21 of 285 Restaurants in Abilene
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good food, and it's perfect for those special occasions. Great locations next to The Grace, Texas Star Trading and down the street from the Paramount.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Could be a cool place but need to up the food quality to attract more folks. Nothing special about the food. Decent but not special.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We wanted to try out the only microbrew in town, and we weren't dissapointed. The owner even let us sample a few to get some idea which ones we preferred. The food selection was great, and well preparred.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've been here twice: once for an after-dinner drink and once for lunch to go.
I love a good beer, but when I went the first time, the micro beers I wanted to try were out, so had wine instead. Waiter was a little stand-offish. Wine was OK. Atmosphere in bar was pleasant. Bar space a little small, but OK.
On a recent business trip, I wanted to go for dinner, but Cypress is closed on Sunday. During the week, I had a business meeting close by, but was pressed for time, so needed a to-go order. Everything was pretty pricey for lunch to-go, IMHO, so I ordered a cup of soup.
The restaurant was not busy, but the soup took awhile to get, and when it came, it was presented in a large (20 oz or so) Styrofoam cup, about 1/3 full. $5+: no napkin, no crackers, no utensils. When I asked for a to-go spoon, the server looked perplexed. She didn't think there was any to give me, but she checked after being prompted.
She came back with a prepackaged plastic utensil packet with a fork and a knife--no spoon. I left.I don't blame the server, but think it's a training issue. That said, the soup was great. But for that price, there should have been a little more.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Good food adn great beer. The prices were about averge for the kind of restaurant it is. They make their own beer and I only tried on kind but it was delicious.