“Very good meal, very good service”

Cypress Street Station
Ranked #18 of 275 Restaurants in Abilene
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2007

My family dined at Cypress Street Station tonight for my birthday. We have lived in Abilene for several years, but this was our first time in the restaurant. We were greeted warmly, and seated promptly. Of course, it was a weekday, and there were many open tables. Our waiter was friendly, & knowledgeable of the dishes and wines. He was attentive, yet unobtrusive. We ordered entrees of ribeye, stuffed salmon and pork medallions and enjoyed each dish. We also ended our meal with a tableside preparation of flambeed peaches. Overall, this is one of the best dining experiences we have had since living in Abilene. We will dine there again.

Reviewed April 11, 2007

When I dine out it is to enjoy the overall experience and what is most important to me is a friendly attitude by the staff and management. Unfortunately this restaurant is lacking in several areas. The food seems to lack freshness and appears more like it was frozen or prepared to soon. The service is exceptionally slow, but what is most discouraging is the attitude of the manager who seemed to completely ignore the obvious disappointment of several tables. It seemed to be the slow service that was causing most of the concern. The manager seemed to be spending his time at a table of apparent friends. As the disappointment in the room finally demanded his attention, he handled it by yelling at his staff in front of everyone. He made no attempt to apologize or correct the mistakes. In the end the food quality was very poor and overpriced and the experience disappointed not only me, but most of the room.

1  Thank cookingfordummies
Reviewed November 19, 2006

This restaurant is a great change of pace from the usual barbque/steak restaurants in Abilene. I've eaten at Cypress Street multiple times and have ordered a variety of things from the menu, and all have always been fresh and great tasting. The service is excellent, and you just can't beat the quailty of the food. I highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank KV095
Reviewed November 17, 2006

First time in Abilene, found this restaurant in the downtown. We had an outstanding experiece here. The food, service and ambience all combined for a great romantic evening out. There was even a local guitar soloist, filling the air with soft strings of old favorites. My wife had the seabass, perfectly cooked with just the right amount of spiciness. My ribeye was perfectly done. The presentaton of the appetizers and the entrees showed skill and care. The wine list was short but the owner's wife provided accurate description for our wine pick. Service was just the right amount of there when you need them, and not when you don't.

1  Thank georgeN2
A TripAdvisor Member
Abilene,TX
Reviewed February 14, 2006

I thought it was a beutiful, yet comfortable restaurant. There were a variety of options on the lunch menu and it was less than $10. I'm not sure about the dinner menu. If you're coming into town for the first time, downtown abilene and Cypress Stree Station are great places to go

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member