“Tasty”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I ate here for dinner. The line was long, which I think is a good sign cuz a lot of people wanted to eat there and were willing to wait, but it was a little annoying that the service was slow causing the line to move slow. However, once we got up to the counter to order, it was great. We both got a small brisket plate and were pleased. My hubby got green beans and pinto beans and gobbled both down. I got creamed corn, which was too spicy for me as it had some kind of chili in it, and the seasoned potatoes which were delicious. I did not get sauce so yes, my meat was a tad dry but still smoky and yummy. The atmosphere wasn't anything to write home about but it worked for the food. They were picnic tables with red/white checked clothes, some farmy/westerny stuff on the walls and a TV playing sports. I would go back as I found the food pretty tasty.

• Visited April 2011

Sweetwater, Texas
“AVERAGE, AT BEST”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

The meat tends to be dry and it only has a slight smokey flavor. You can get better smoked meats.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I go here all the time...excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

I go here all the time...excellent!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Yorktown, VA
“Best ribs and brisket in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2009

Ribs fall part when eating. You can eat for around $10

jhoonosorio
“good eats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2008

this is fantastic eats. i'm not originally from texas and brisquet is fairly new for me. anyhoo, the food here is fantastic!!!

i highly recommend it, it's good food, for a reasonable price without any fluff. usually when one goes in there for lunch or dinner you will find yourself a very long line.

All the food here is good, but I have to say the chopped brisquet sandwich and the peach cobbler is VERY popular here.

give it a try, at the most, if you end up hating it, you'll only have paid 7 or 8 bucks.

1 Thank jhoonosorio