“Food was fair but service and management were the pits.”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #150 of 270 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Vancourt, Texas, United States
“Food was fair but service and management were the pits.”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We visited late in the evening. We probably would have gone else where due to past experiences with poor service but I wanted to try their margaritas. Ordered burgers and drinks. The $5 Rita was recommended so ordered it. Food arrived but no margarita so canceled the drink. Food was fair although one of the fries with the burgers was cold. Waitress brought check with price showing and clipped to small tray. I paid cash without checking to see if the drink had been deducted and left a tip. On the way home doing the math we realized that we had been charged for the drink. After complaining and getting a phone call from the manager I was told it was my fault for not checking to make sure it had been removed. In fact was told that the drink showed to have been comped which means the waitress kept the money for my drink and got my drink too.
I highly recommend that for your dining needs and a good experience you go elsewhere because no one at Chili's cares about customer satisfaction.

• Visited September 2011

abilene texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I've seen better”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

It was ok for where it is I guess but I've been to alot better chilis But the waiter was very friendly and helpful

Abilene
“so, so service.”
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Every time I go here, I expect it to improve but it doesn't. The staff is mediocre, rarely are they friendly and welcoming. I've yet to get what I ordered brought to my table correctly the first time. I have to send things back every single time I go. They usually don't even apologize they just replace the food or say- "well it will take a while for them to cook another one". I'm just glad they opened another Chili's on the other side of town. I usually just go there instead and it is MUCH better service.

Abilene, Texas
“Good Eats”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Awesome chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy!! Try it out!