“We enjoyed it very much”
Review of The Flipping Egg

The Flipping Egg
Ranked #43 of 284 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Abilene is pretty traditional Texas food. It is refreshing to find an oasis with some more interesting fare. I am pretty restaurant-critical and I really enjoyed it. I had sweet potato pancakes, eggs, and skillet fries. Very good. The coffee was good too and the service was prompt, efficient, and friendly. My husband enjoyed his regular pancakes, eggs, sausage, and hash browns.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

They have a great menu with many varieties of omlets and pancakes. The sweet cream pancakes are amazing.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great place for gluten free items, it's very home style food, tasty gluten free pancakes. :))))))))

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is the worst breakfast place I've ever been too. The food was poor and the service was, excuse my French, total CRAP. None of my family's orders came out right and our waitress was HORRIBLE. Stay home and save your money! My five year old could cook a better breakfast.

2  Thank Laurengio234
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Outside of a delay waiting to be seated, the overall experience was solid. The server greeted me quickly and was very friendly and accomodating. She took my drink order and then returned quickly. The food was delivered as ordered and was served hot. Everything tasted greated and the portion sizes were generous. Each plate (except for gluten free) is served with a mini muffin which was excellent as well. The menu had a variety of choices and the prices were more than reasonable. Great experience and if I am ever back in the area, will definitely eat there again.