“I would fly all the way from MD to eat here...oh yeah, I did.”
Review of Abi-Haus

Abi-Haus
Ranked #35 of 279 Restaurants in Abilene
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were visiting our son at ACU and #1 on his eating out list was Abi-Haus. We went our first night there and promptly fell in love. From the rustic-metro decor to the craft bartenders to the unique food-we were hooked. We all had different items: duck, chimichurri beef, steak salad, the "expensive and truffle-just get it" and the smoky gouda shrimp and grits. Nothing was less than great. The wait staff was outstanding and we literally felt like family by the time we left. We came back 2 days later for lunch. They were training a new chef and there were some mistakes, but they were handled gracefully and with generosity toward our bill. One of the owners (I think Bobby?) even gave my mom a bottle of the tonic they made their gin and tonics with as a birthday gift. I can't recommend this gem of a restaurant enough and only wish they were closer so that we could become regulars. We'll definitely be back in Dec. for graduation. Save us a table for 5 please!

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My experience here has been hit or miss. Sometime the food is phenomenal and sometimes just so so. There drinks are good but be prepared to wait for them because that is one thing that is always consistent is bad/slow service. I know the owner has tried to correct this but sadly I have never eaten there with good service or no waited forever between drinks. Don't miss the truffle fries though

2  Thank texas_wino76
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been going to Abi-Haus regularly not long after they opened. It's a cozy environment with fantastic food. Kyle and the rest of the chefs do amazing job preparing different plates. The servers are friendly and the managers are on spot with suggestions or just making sure you enjoyed your meal. We are usually there for dinner and Jimbo always checks on us. We thoroughly enjoyed the Beer Dinner from Petticolas as well. You can never go wrong with brunch there too! Not your typical place in Abilene which is okay with us.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Abi-Haus is a small place with a pub atmosphere and great food. The only downside is that it is small and therefore the wait is usually very long. They do have the capability to text you when your table is ready so you can go take care of other things while you wait. I especially like the different micro brewed beers they have.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were in Abilene visiting friends in the middle of a sleet and ice storm. Not conducive to site-seeing although we did enjoy several hours at Frontier Texas. When we got hungry we stopped here and had an amazing lunch. It was such a great surprise; this is a funky little spot that produces fantastic food. I had chicken and rice and enjoyed it to the last drop on my plate. My husband had a salmon BLT that was flavorful and nicely presented. They have a great draft beer and wine selection and a nice variety of local vegetable dishes and creative sides and desserts. I wish we had more time so we could have gone back for dinner. This was a great counterpoint to dinner at Perini Ranch the night before. That was also good but very heavy with lots of meat and creamy sides. This was a perfect meal; light but full of flavor. I was really impressed and wish them continued good luck. We will go back next time we are anywhere near Abilene!!!

Been to Abi-Haus? Share your experiences!